WE

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 2:04 AM

Closed

Delayed live tv

Watching live TV, particularly sports, is delayed by at least 45 seconds to a minute.  Results in getting scoring updates prior to watching it happen on the TV.  Watching on the app is faster than watching on tv. I’ve tried resetting the cable box and other trouble shooting and it does not change anything.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

Hey @Wall-E1980, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Nobody likes spoiler alerts and I'd love to help. Do you notice it more with certain channels or all of the ones showing sports?

7 Messages

It's all channels. I often find myself 10-20 seconds behind on live indycar races with my family in Tennessee and sometimes up to 25 seconds behind on basketball and baseball games with family here in Portland. Doesn't matter the channel or sport.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Wall-E1980, I can see how that would super annoying to deal with, especially with all the basketball games on, I'll do all I can to help. Let's take a deeper look into this and run through some remote troubleshooting steps. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here