A

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, January 21st, 2024 2:17 AM

Comcast Xfinity Customers Let Down By Delays (AGAIN)…

Completely unacceptable!! I should not have to watch live sports in SD for the amount of money Xfinity charges me every month. It has been going on all year with NFL games, NBA games and of course I’ll look forward to it for the upcoming MLB games… 30-45 second delay is totally UNSATISFACTORY. I now have to turn off my phone to avoid spoilers or watch a SD signal. WHY?!?… I dare you to justify it or provide a reasonable explanation #XIFINITY.

I know this problem is heavily complained about and have no real answer, but I wanted to make sure my issue was recorded when there is hopefully some sort of lawsuit.

Why is the live broadcast on my cable box 45 seconds behind the Xfinity Stream app? And 1 minute behind ESPN live score updates? Friends watching games via streaming services text me game updates before I see the plays occur on my cable box.

• Xfinity is literally running a commercial during every football game this year about how their internet is so good that their streams aren't delayed 
  • This occurs on almost every channel. Some are more delayed than others. Local channels are affected the most. Fox right now is 45 seconds behind the Stream app
  • Xfinity Box: XG1v4-A
  • For comparison, I am streaming the game at the same time on my Apple TV 4k via Xfinity Stream. I am 45 seconds behind.
  • I have changed out the HDMI cables, both HDMI 2.1 and HDMI 2.0 versions. I have tried different HDMI inputs on my TV
  • I have done multiple system refreshes
  • This has been happening for 2-3 years w/ 2 separate Xfinity boxes. It has recently gotten worse though. 

Again, I ask and challenge Comcast to justify it or provide a reasonable explanation beyond knowing that, ultimately, customer dissatisfaction will not affect the bottom line of the #XIFINITY monopoly and no significant steps will be taken to correct the “known issue”. 

1 Message

4 months ago

Yep, it’s ridiculous now. There are TONS of threads and the Xfinity reps will act oblivious to the bigger issue and blame FCC regulations, or your setup. Can’t be my setup and is it had worked previously fine on same setup/we tried new ones and wiring/other providers don’t have this issue. 

I didn’t have this issue a few years ago, so something changed in the way it’s being delivered to the boxes, or how their cloud based system is handling HD content now.

Have had techs out and one finally admitted it’s a new Xfinity service issue they were told about and to stay quiet as possible.

Might be time to move on from Xfinity.

(edited)

2 Messages

It's insane how slow Xfinity cable is. The whole reason I got Xfinity cable was to PREVENT being delayed on live sports. It is a solid 45 seconds behind my friends and family who watch sports through another cable provider. Unfortunately, I don't have access to that cable provider because I'm in the town over and they only offer Xfinity here.

I have to put my phone away every time we're all texting about the same game because they see the play, and then comment on it in my group text chain before I even see it. And the weirdest thing is that the Xfinity Stream app on my iphone is a good 15 seconds ahead of my cable boxes! I find myself watching on my phone more than my TV because the delay isn't as bad. I just have to silence my text convos

Since I can't pick another cable provider in the area, I need to find out which streaming services have the least live sports delay, but I just haven't done the research yet to figure it out. The only reason I picked the cable package was for live sports and it turned out to be useless.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

699 Messages

Hey there @Bing20 we totally understand that delays during those live events can be frustrating, but we are here to help however possible. You can reach us directly at any time using the directions below.  As far as streaming services go and live sports, our amazing Peacock App has Sunday Night Football and Premier League Soccer right at your fingertips! The Xfinity Stream App also does a simulcast on select sporting events too. Amazon Prime has the contract for Thursday Night Football and some other select sports as well.  

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to assist.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

3 months ago

Simple explanation. They don’t care. There’s no reason they should even have SD channels since virtually everyone has an HD TV. What they should be concentrating on is establishing 4K channels since 2/3rd of American households have at least one of those according to the IMDB. 

(edited)

2 Messages

26 days ago

Xfinity is doing nothing to address this. I’m watching the Celtics-Heat game and I am multiple MINUTES behind. I’ve reached out about this exact issue numerous times and still nothing. There are dozens of posts about this exact issue on these forums and Reddit but Xfinity just repeatedly gives the same bogus responses then closes the threads. Cannot wait to switch to literally any other provider at this point. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_xvpn5a! We work with broadcast networks, regional sports providers, and local TV station owners to expand the content available with our services. As a cable provider, we relay the signal sent by the networks. It can be frustrating, however, it is common for live television to have a delay to prevent mistakes or unacceptable content from being broadcasted. 

While there are factors intentionally causing the broadcast to be delayed, we can certainly take a look and make sure the boxes are synched up with the broadcast from the network and that there are no additional issues causing the delay. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

What a complete joke of a response. There is absolutely no reason a live cable broadcast should be a full 30 seconds behind Xfinity stream. You have a system wide problem that you’re refusing to address while stealing from customers in the process. Very done with Xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there user_xvpn5a if you are also having issues please let us know and our team is happy to help! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here