H16438's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Saturday, January 13th, 2024 5:57 PM

Closed

Cloud DVR issues

We have been having Cloud DVR issues for roughly over one year now.  Recorded programs, during playback, will drop out, pixulate,, reset, and sometimes skip ahead.  In addition, when the system was working properly, it would skip through commercials and resume automatically.  Now it skips through the marked DVR section on the screen, and resumes to what should be the show, however it makes you watch two or three more commercials before the show resumes.

We have called Comcast/xfinity support multiple times, but no one there has the ability to resolve the issue.  In addition we have replaced all the cable box, cables and controls twice, and still no resolution.

During the latest support request, we were supposedly transferred to Comcast second level support team, who claims they found an issue on their end and fixed it, but the issues are still not resolved on our end.    It is truly unfortunate that Comcast does not have the inhouse skill sets on the help desk to resolve these issues.  They have scheduled a Service person to come out, however this is not a local problem.  I have seen others complain about the same cloud DVR issues.  We are ready to move on to a more reliable provider.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

8 months ago

@H16438 Hi there! Thanks for sharing the trouble you have been having with the DVR programs and playback. You have taken all the correct steps. I thank you so much for your patience and continued effort to have this corrected. I am sure this is something that our repair team and work on and help to correct. I can see having a technician dispatched to check and ensure all RF signal levels are correct, but outside that it would be a hardware / software issue. If you would please, send us a direct message with your name and service address. We would love to help out and connect with our repair team to have all this trouble finally resolved. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

7 months ago

Hi, regretfully this went to junk mail.

A technician came out and checked the signal.  He claimed he was able to slightly improve the signal  by changing the cable entry termination, but it made no difference.

I then took the equipment to the xfinity store and exchanged it with new equipment.  The prior two replacement units did not solve the pixulation, dropping, rebooting, etc.

The new equipment appeared to initially solve the problem, but we are begging to have the same issues on our recordings again. We also have an issue with fast forwarding through commercials. When the forwarding automatally stops.  You are forced to watch several more commercials before the program resumes.

We will be on vacation through mid February.  Hopefully you can figure out what is going on by time we get back.

Problem Solver

• 

751 Messages

@H16438​ - I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a fix to the "fast forwarding ends too early" problem. Have you come across another problem - when it resumes during a commercial, and you immediately press fast forward to skip it, it pretty much immediately resumes from the same spot where it resumed the first time, and you have to watch the commercial for about five seconds before fast forwarding works properly?

Usually, if it's a network show, the last commercial before the show resumes is an ad for another show on the network. I wouldn't be surprised if this "feature" of stopping early was a request by the networks as a compromise for allowing skipping commercials in the first place.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@H16438 Thank you so much for the update. Once you get back let us know if you are still running into issues, and we would be happy to circle back to make sure we get you taken care of! Enjoy your Vacation!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

7 months ago

I am having similar issues - but the cloud DVR is affecting any devices using xfinity stream (mobile phone app, roku, computer).

i have been in touch with 8+ technicians and they keep transferring me/telling me its a larger issue with the cloud dvr service.  the service was working fine yesterday at 7:30, but by 9, i was only able to access dvr on tv boxes and not via apps and it has still not fixed nearly 24 hours later, depsite each technician telling me to do the same troubleshooting and the engineering team is doing things that were promising a fix overnight.

extremely frustrated

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_85ri7u are you still seeing this issue?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

Is the solution to bring a tech out or to replace the equipment (boxes or gateway?).

We experience recordings from CBS (like the CMT awards recently) and funny enough, NBC going through the same problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Replace the box.  The first two replacements were also defective.  The third has been working fine.  Xfinity must recycle their boxes, or they have a significant vendor quality control issue

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @dpfective Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. I would start with the basics of a full power cycle of the modem and the cable box, make sure the cables are finger tight. If you are still seeing an issue, you are welcome to exchange the cable box at a local Xfinity store. We can also troubleshoot further with you as well. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 months ago

Update.  I was able to resolve the issue with a replacement box.  The first two were also defective, but the third box has been working well.  

The tech came out but could not find any issues that would cause the problem we were having, which is why I replaced the boxes.

We still have the smart resume issue however.  Smart resume forces you to watch several more commercials before the recorded program starts.  

Xfinity support tells me it a known, but unannounced issue.  They claim their engineers are working on it, but apparently it does not seem to be a priority for them.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

H16438, I'm happy to hear the new TV box is working as expected and resolved the issue you were having. It is true that there is a known issue with Smart Resume, and our engineers are working to find a resoltuion. As of right now there isn't a workaround, so I'm sorry I don't have more ways to help on that front. Did you have any other concerns that I could help with? 

1 Message

4 months ago

When I play back items stored on my cloud DVR it will very often be pixelated and unwatchable. If instead of using my local box I switch to xfi ity stream and  watched them as my recordings  and they're fine. I've swapped out my box twice so far and the same issue

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_2pv4kn, Let us know if you are still having the same issue. Customers are reporting that swapping the box out does the trick. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I am calling Astound and leaving Comcast after 11 years for my most recent run with them. They know there’s an issue as you can see from all the same complaints going back at least a couple years now. They know they have no fix for it. They & I have reset the box / sent the signal at least 30 times. I have had techs out here multiple times and the last one said I have the gold standard of wiring, that the last guy gave me a higher end wiring from the pole into my box that they usually only give to business customers. I have swapped both the DVR & my secondary box multiple times. They know none of this works. This all started last May when I finally decided to take their X1 equipment and remove my Motorola Surfboard modem and Asus router. I NEVER had an issue with that equipment. Since I replaced it with their equipment I’ve NEVER had properly working DVR service. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU IT’S A SIGNAL PROBLEM, WIRING & ALL THE OTHER EXCUSES. Look at the internet. There are a million complaints about it. My TV has a couple hiccups here and there but nothing that would cause me to leave. Their Internet service is great. I don’t want to leave but tomorrow I will be leaving. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_i28kt2​ 

Regretfully, I solved the issue completely, by canceling Comcast, and going with other providers.

They raised our rates $20 but can no timeframe on resolving their cloud DVR Known issue.

I really hope comcast can figure out that their customers are more than simply a monthly check.  Their incompetence, lack of accountability and arrogance towards customers simply is not acceptable behavior from a company that claims they want your business

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here