kenkaz's profile

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 3:20 PM

Can't delete channels from favorites

I can't delete premium channels that I no longer subscribe to from favorites in the guide or from the saved menu. it only offers subscribe or record, delete is not offered as an option. The delete option is offered on all other channels

9 Messages

26 days ago

I’m having the same problem.  Would like to be able to remove the premium channels from my favorites that I no longer subscribe to.  

Official Employee

• 

753 Messages

Hello user_0a4zbw. Are you going to the favorites on your cable box or the Xfinity App?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Same problem here, HBO max will not delete from favorites, nor will any other premium channel. the only channels were delete works are regular cable channels 

Official Employee

• 

741 Messages

Hello wolverine19871 how long has this issue been affecting you? What self- troubleshooting steps have you already taken? And is this on the Stream App and on the cable boxes?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

9 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ your question is confusing to a layman.  I’m using the xfinity remote control that I use for all functions on my xfinity network.  The guide is displayed on my TV.  When I go to the guide, clicking on the guide button on the remote and click guide a second time, I can select my guide view.  I select the view that has a star beneath reads Favorites. When I select that it goes back to the guide which reads on top Guide/Favorite Channels.  All the channels which I selected as a favorite is displayed with a “*” on the left side of the channel column.  So, after explaining this in great detail, when I want to add a channel to favorites, I go to the guide and select free to me, go to a channel I want to tag as a favorite, go to the channel column and click.  The bottom of the screen will have options of Watch - Record - Favorite - Default Channel - Channel Info.  If I want to add it to my favorite I select that with my xfinity remote.  To take that favorite off would go to a channel I had previously tagged with an asterisk “*” indicating it’s a favorite, click in the channel column and below selections will come up as follows: Watch - Record - Remove Favorite - Default Channel - Channel Info.  Folllowing me so far?   The issue is I tagged a premium channel as favorite and since I unsubscribed.  Now I am unable to take asterisk (favorite indicator) off.  The only options I get when I go to that channel in the channel column, click okay are Subscribe - Record - Channel Info.  No “Remove Favorite.” It stays on my Guide/Favorite Channels retaining the asterisk “*”. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

24 days ago

Hello kenkaz, thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Communtiy Forum for help with removing channels from your favorites list.

Here are the step to delete those channels that you no longer subscribe to from favorites in the guide or from the saved menu:
1. Select "My Subscription" from the information bar.
2. Choose "Unsubscribe" to cancel the subscription.
3. You will receive a confirmation message indicating that you have successfully unsubscribed from the channel. Please note that the delete option is not available for premium channels, but you can unsubscribe to remove them from your favorites or saved menu.

Please let us know if you have any other questions on this process. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ i seem to have a problem communicating the fact that I no longer have a subscription to Stars or Cinemax; therefore the Unsubscribe option or the Remove Favorite option is not offered in any menu I can access, the only options are subscribe or record.

I do think that a work-around to this problem (other than a "bug fix" in the actual program running on the X1) would be to have a support representative call me. I do have phone service from Comcast, so you do have my number. The rep or support tech could turn on Stars and Cinemax. This should then give me the option to Remove Favorite; (I do have this option on HBO and Showtime). While on the support call I can remove the channels from Favorites and the support/customer service tech could then remove access to Stars and Cinemax. I do believe that this should solve my problem and put a smile on my face.

Do you think that this could be a solution to my problem, and if so, can you arrange this for me?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

kenkaz You could call in to have that done if you wish, but we can also get this completed for you from here. If you like to try it, we are always happy to assist. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

1 Message

24 days ago

I have the EXACT problem this user has described. I need assistance in resolving this to minimize the nuisance channels from FAVORITES.

Official Employee

• 

641 Messages

user_17x3z2 Are you seeing an error code or message when trying to do this? 

9 Messages

I unsubscribed MGM+ but before I unsubscribed, I had set it on my Favorites on the xfinity guide.  Now when I try to remove it from favorites, it doesn’t give me the option.  The only options I get is to Subscribe   Record   Channel Info.  Other channels that I can watch the options are  Watch   Record   Remove Favorite   Default Channel   Channel Info.  How do I remove the “*” from the MGM+ channels since I can’t watch them without resubscribing? 

9 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ I get a screen which reads “Subscribe     Record      Channel Info” when I attempt to take the favorite “*” off by trying to remove favorite.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, user_0a4zbw and thread! If you go to the channel menu by clicking on the channel on the left side of the guide (where add/remove Favorites should be) and select Channel Info, does the option to remove the favorite show up from that screen? I see both ways to remove it when I check my X1 box. 

9 Messages

The only options are Subscribe  Record.  

9 Messages

8 days ago

I’m surprised with all this activity that no resolution is offered.  There should be a resolve to this problem.  I’ve tried everything that techs have offered and nothing has worked.  

1 Message

I have the same problem. Why can’t we delete a favorite that we no longer have a subscription to. Seems simple enough!

9 Messages

@user_1cn11l​ I agree.  They aren’t putting much effort in resolving this issue.  

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

user_1cn11l Hello, are yyou still having issues deleting a favorite?

9 Messages

@XfinityVictor​ I am.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here