U

Tuesday, March 19th, 2024 6:45 PM

Closed

cannot restore movies after move

I recently moved to Pennsylvania so had to cancel Xfinity in my previous state.  I cannot figure out how to merge my old account with my new one, and the chat that I attempted with an agent was not helpful.  Would appreciate any help, thank you!

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

6 months ago

Hello, @user_outyay thank you for taking the time to create a post, you have contacted the right place for assistance with helping to link old accounts. I completely understand wanting to have access to any purchased contact associated with an old Xfinity ID. 

- When you have time, can you review this article to see if the steps outlined are able to help link your accounts: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts? 

Please let me know if you are still having issues after trying the steps, I'd be happy to help further and see about linking the old Xfinity ID to the new account. I also wanted to let you know that if needed, we do have great team of experts in our Customer Security Assurance team that has been helpful with old Xfinity IDs. 

2 Messages

Thanks for your response.  I think I might have made it worse; my accounts were linked so I unlinked from my previous account thinking that may restore my purchases.  I'm afraid I may have lost everything!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You are welcome and thanks for being on top of this. Please let us try having you send us a DM so we can take a look at all our options to recover those. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here