rhazelrig79's profile

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, March 11th, 2021 1:00 PM

Closed

Can Not Get 4K Xfinity

I have a problem not seeing 4K content through xFinity. I know my HDMI & TV are 4K and the TV's HDMI port is 4K. I know this because I can use the Prime, YoTube, or Netflix apps through the XG1v4 and can view 4K content. THe picture is clear as day. When I search 4K content through xFinity I do not get any. After reading several post I searched the movie Operation Finale. It should show 4K UHD options. It does not.

My Video Display settings are as follows:

4K UHD HDR You are currently set to the highest possible resolution.

4k UHD System Capability

4k UHD XG1v4

4K UHD Undetected

Video Output Resolution: 16:9, 2160p60 4K UHD (Best Available)

Any help would be appriciated because Comcast has not been able to help. They continue to ask the same questions reworded and it takes all day to communicate.

I have a feeling that when Comcast installed the cable and internet they used an old splitter that splits the coxcial cable to go to set top box and modem.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

Say 4K into your remote and it will bring up movies and events in 4K, It s limited. Just checked and Operation Finale is regular HD. Regular programing is not in 4K. Some Movies on Netflix, Prime and Hulu ect. are but not all. That is why you are not seeing the UHD on  HD programming. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

When I use the 4K search through the remote it shows TV shows like Blacklist. When I go to that show it only shows HD. From what I am reading if my Display Settings show 4K UHD Undetected under TV it will not show me any 4K play options.

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

3 years ago

dcfox beat me to the punch already. =] 4K UHD/HDR content (free, rentals, purchase or live events) is available if you have an XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box set to 2160 resolution with a compatible 4K UHD/HDR TV and a 4K-capable HDMI cord. Please see more about using the X1 guide to adjust your video display to 2160p.

4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR content viewing requires an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 or Xi6 TV Box, or Flex Xi6 streaming device. You can find the model number of your X1 TV Box by accessing About in the X1 Settings menu. XG1v4 model numbers are AX014ANM or AX014ANC, and Xi6 model numbers are AX061AEI or TX061AEI, listed as STB Version. You can also check the sticker located on the bottom panel of the device.

4K UHD and UHD/HDR streaming is only available on specific TV models and may not be supported on all TV/receiver HDMI ports. You should refer to your TV manual to see if you can receive 4K or 4K/HDR content.

This link has more information and details about 4K through Xfinity. https://comca.st/3bzQGPs

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastBrie please read my original post at the top. I am not receiving any 4K content unless I use the Prime, Netflix, or You Tube apps through the set top box. All other 4K content does not show up through the set top box.

Please look at my Display Settings I posted in my first post. Under TV it clearly shows 4K UHD Undetected.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@rhazelrig79 wrote:

When I use the 4K search through the remote it shows TV shows like Blacklist. When I go to that show it only shows HD. From what I am reading if my Display Settings show 4K UHD Undetected under TV it will not show me any 4K play options.

Just say 4K, not with the name of a show. I said "4K Blacklist like I think you may have done and it took me the NBC Blacklist as it is not in 4K like other network programming.  @ComcastBrie Posted some good links. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

CCAndrew not starting a new thread. Under display settings under TV it shows 4K UHD Undetected. No one from Comcast knows how to fix it. If you look at my first post it is not my TV or the HDMI cable I am using. The problem I am having since 4K UHD undetected it does not show me 4K content. When watching xFinity it looks better on my TV if I switch resolution to 1080p. If I swith it to best available (4K 60 hrz) it looks worse unless I use the Prime, Netflix, or You Tube apps.  I believe the picture could be better but the set top box is not detecting a 4k TV.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Prime, Netflix and YouTube are where the 4K content is at, other than some sports. Are you possibly looking for something or expecting something that isn’t there? Please don’t post the same issue on multiple threads, keep it here
https://www.xfinity.com/hub/tv-video/4k-events-sports-and-more-on-xfinity

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

What are you expecting to see in UHD?  Most programming as said is not. Just because your TV is 4K doesn't mean most content is. It may be in a year or so  when it catches up to 4K just like it took a while for networks  to go from SD to HD even though HD TV's were out. 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

dcfox you are missing the point. Under my Display settings it is showing Under TV it clearly shows 4K UHD Undetected. Because of that it does not show the Live 4K sporting events xFinity shows. Also if I am watching a show or live event and it is available in 4K it will pop up that the program is available in 4K. It does not do that.  If you have a solution I'm happy to hear it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 years ago

Can you access any of the basketball games tonight from the link posted above. That would be content that’s not going through Prime, Netflix etc. if what you see continues, you might be better off with an in house tech who can witness what you see and help on site

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@rhazelrig79 There are a lot of College Basketball games  listed just today and this evening when you say 4K into the voice remote. Probably more tomorrow to determine what you see as @CCAndrew  suggest even if not a fan just watch for a little to see. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here