U

Friday, December 29th, 2023 1:13 AM

Closed

Caller ID on TV

Caller ID stopped showing up when cable box was replaced. Ihave reset and restarted cable box and modem. Caller ID has not returned. 

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

7 months ago

@user_1rkdcr Thank you so much for reaching out to us here! You can find instructions for turning on and off the Caller ID function on your X1 box here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/settings-for-the-universal-caller-id-to-tv-app.

3 Messages

This did not solve the issue 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_1rkdcr please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

7 months ago

user_1rkdcr

Try this, use your remote to get to:

Settings -> Preferences -> Notifications

Check that "Xfinity Voice" is set to ON. This setting controls the caller ID displayed on the TV.

3 Messages

Tried this. It did not work even with a restart of the box and modem.

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

7 months ago

user_1rkdcr,

See my post about Caller ID.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 months ago

how do i get my caller id to work on my tv..it worked before a upgraded my modem..big mistake

Contributor

• 

384 Messages

user_a6226F

To clarify: Did you replace your TV Box or your Modem? or both?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_a6226f Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can make sure your Xfinity Caller ID is working on your TV. Please confirm that you have your Voice notifications turned on. You can find instructions here.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

I changed my modem because comcast it needrkoed upgrade not my caller id on my tv is not working did the Xfinity Assistant and called them they said that it was fixed but it never worked.  That was just to get me off the phone!!

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

user_jbg7jz thank you for reaching out and using the Community Forums page. Just to ensure I am understanding the issue correctly. After upgrading your modem the Caller ID feature stopped working for you?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here