Petek01's profile

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Friday, February 19th, 2021 8:00 AM

Closed

Bluetooth Pairing

I've tried to pair 2 different Bluetooth headphones with my X1 box.  The 'discovering' phase of the pairing never stops and does not find any Bluetooth devices. 

Any magic to getting this to work? 

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

Well, well, well.  I was finally able to pair my earphones.   Previously, I had unplugged the X1 device and tried to pair after the box became active, with no success.

I've been corresponding to several Comcast employees (thank you) who have suggested several fixes, none of which worked.  I finally resorted to performing a 'system refresh' via the My Xfinity support website.  

And lo and behold!  Success!!

Thank you

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @HeyDaddy, I am sorry to hear about your troubles connecting your Bluetooth headphones to the X1 cable box. XG1v4, Xi5 and Xi6 devices are equipped with a Bluetooth radio, which allows you to connect a Bluetooth device to stream audio. You can pair up to seven Bluetooth devices to your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming device, but only one can be connected at a time.

Please try these quick easy steps first. 

• Press the xfinity button on your remote, then select Settings (Gear icon).

• Navigate to Device Settings > Audio > Bluetooth Devices.

• Select Bluetooth Devices. Your X1 TV Box or Flex streaming device will search for nearby Bluetooth-enabled devices that currently are in pairing mode.

• Select the device that you want to connect from the list displayed, then press OK on your remote.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, as I stated in the original post, the that procedure stays in 'discover' phase.  The box never finishes 'discovering'.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

3 years ago

Ah, I see! I apologize for us missing that. What type of devices are you attempting to pair? Have you attempted resetting the box to see if it allows it to discover the devices after? 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

These are Power Beats 3 earphones.  And yes, I have unplugged the X1 box and tried after that.   

FYI, this isn't a new issue for me.  Since this X1 box was new, (2+ years ago) I have tried to pair several different Bluetooth headphones with no success.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for that info! I love pairing my Bluetooth headphones to the X1 Box, so I can understand how frustrating not being able to get it to pair would be. I have run into this issue previously when the Bluetooth headphones are still paired to another device, have you attempted to unpair or reset the Power Beats earphones and then try to go back into the X1 screen to pair it? Also, how far from the TV box are you when you attempt to pair? For one of my earphones, I had to be right next to the TV box to get it to recognize the device.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

I reset the earphones back to factory setting

s and tried again.  I put them in down about 1 foot away and attempted to pair.  Not successful.  

Maybe it's the X1 box.

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

There has never, ever been anything paired with the X1 box so there is nothing to unpair.   I have never been able to pair anything since I've had this X1 box.  I'm standing about 3 feet away from the box when attempting to pair.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

3 years ago

I appreciate you taking those steps to see if it would help. I'm sorry to hear it's still not pairing. What model X1 box is it that you're attempting to pair them to? 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

Model:

AX014ANC

Release version: 126.2.0

Release Timestamp: 02/08/21 11:22 am

STB Version: AX014AN_4.6p4s1_prod_sey 

STB Timestamp: Fr1 22 Jan 20121 03:10:37 AM UTC

XRE Protocol version: 2.8.0

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Perfect! I have the exact same DVR in front of me, so I was able to run a couple parallel tests on my end, to see if there was anything different. My box is in the same release version (126.2.0), XRE Protocol (2.8.0), STB Version (AX014AN_4.6p4s1_PROD_sey), and even the timestamps are identical.

I was able to pair a new Bluetooth device just now, as a test, so the ability is definitely there. It took my box about 15-30 seconds to "discover" all the devices in my room broadcasting a Bluetooth signal, and then about 15-30 seconds to establish a connection to the one I selected.

You mentioned that no devices were coming up when you entered the "Bluetooth Devices" menu, correct? Has this always been the case, any time you tried to set up Bluetooth? Are you able to confirm with a different device, like a phone or tablet, that your headphones are broadcasting a Bluetooth signal?

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

3 years ago

I have never, ever been able to pair any device, so the 'paired device' list is always empty, always has been empty. 

Yes, I have 2 different BT earphones that I can pair with any other device I choose. (phone, laptop, desktop)

I have reset each pair of earphones, therefore removing any other paired device from both devices.  I have waited a long enough time to pair that each device times out. (it's probable around 3 minutes).

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

@HeyDaddy that is definitely strange and we might need to take a deeper dive into this. Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlyssa” and click “Send a message."

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Throughout the pandemic I have had problems with the blue tooth signal from my X1 box. I turn on my system and my blue tooth earbuds give me a pairing announcement. They will not pair. I check the X1 box settings only to find that blue tooth is no longer an option in the settings menus. It is simply not there. I reboot the box and the blue tooth options reappear in the settings menu. I never know when this is going to happen or how frequently it will happen. Generally, as long as the box is use after I re-establish the presence of blue tooth in the menu, the blue tooth options remain available in the menu and the devices remained paired. Once I turn the box off for the day I don't know if it will be there the next time I turn it on. I have had the menus disappear on occasion with out the box ever being turned off, but usually not. I have had many lengthy conversations with Comcast technical service to no avail. One tech sent me a new box which began did the same thing. The only answer I can get is to restart (reboot) the X1 box. The reboot procedure is time consuming and annoying, especially on those days I have to do it several times. I have read on the internet that other comcast customers are having this same problem. Every time I make a call to Comcast and wade thru the inordinate automated answering system and get to a technician, they act like they never heard of the problem. I have absolutely no control over what appears in the settings menu, nor should I. To the best of my knowledge nothing else on the menu is dropping out. As an electrical engineer and computer programmer, I have my suspicions as where the menu is being corrupted, but there is nothing I can do on my end. I need Comcast to address this problem on their end rather than continuing to ignore me.     

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here