AnnieBush's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 5:29 AM

Closed

bluetooth pairing unavailable

I have 2 boxes. I am able to pair my bluetooth devices with the main box but not on the second box.

I have tried restarting both the main box and the second box but the Bluetooth pairing is NOT available on the second box.

Settings/Device Settings/Audio - the only two options are Audio Language (SAP) and HDMI Audio Output: Stereo

Here is the information on the second box:

Release 141.1.1 

Release timestamp  1/27/22 7:12AM

STB Timestamp Fri 03 Dec 2021 05:19:00 AMUTC

XRE Protocol Version 2.8.0

Receiver - Native verson 4.12.0

Environment  fq2-22

STB Version PXD01ANI_4.12p8s1_PROD_sdy

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

2 years ago

Greetings, @AnnieBush! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with trying to pair your device via blue tooth. Looking further into that model based on the information you provided, Bluetooth is not an option with it. If you are looking to use the Bluetooth option outside of your main box, you would need to update it to the Xi6 (which is a wireless 4k box). You would be able to swap this out at the local store or we can also ship one out to you. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityMichaelC​ 

Hi Michael. Thank you for your response. Is there a charge to upgrade the box? Also what is the process if you ship it out to me?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

There would be no monthly charge change for swapping the XiD set-top box to the Xi6 Wireless set-top box. Shipping and handling is usually $15.00. You do have the option to visit a local Xfinity Store and swap the device for no charge. If a device is shipped to you, you can visit a local Xfinity Store, local UPS Store, or print a return label from our Digital Return Center. You can find additional details, hours, and information by visiting our How to Return Your Xfinity Equipment support page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Thank you for your help. I made an appointment for tomorrow. Do I need to swap out my main box as well as the second box? I am able to connect via Bluetooth on the main box. Also, do I need to return the remote control with the old box?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Sounds like a plan! All you should need is the smaller XiD set-top box and power cable that comes with the set-top box. The store will issue you a new set-top box, power cable, and extra remote. Would there happen to be anything more we could assist you with this evening to help make your experience an even better one? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for all your help!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here