LeeSoFL's profile

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

Fri, Oct 22, 2021 10:32 PM

Auto Extend Still Availabe?

Is the auto extend recording feature still in effect? Used to just say auto extend enabled for a sports program, now I don’t see anything regarding that.

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

1 m ago

Greetings, LeeSoFL. Thanks so much for taking the time to post here in the community! 

Take a look at this for me: https://comca.st/3C8MOQm. Is that the feature you're wondering about?

LeeSoFL

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

1 m ago

No. The feature I’m talking about automatically extended sports programs if they ran over the time allotted. It used to say auto extend enabled. It is not auto pad or auto play next episode. It was called auto extend.

Official Employee

• 

426 Messages

Auto Extend is In case an auto-extendable program you’ve scheduled to record runs over the scheduled time, Auto Extend will automatically extend your recording by 90 minutes and end once the program is over. Game recordings run 15 minutes after the end of the game to account for post-game activities. It should still be available have you recently made changes to your service? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
LeeSoFL

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

Is Auto Extend something I need to enable for it to work, or does it happen by itself?  

Official Employee

• 

205 Messages

It is something you need to set up. Please visit https://comca.st/3GeAUXn and let me know if this helps explain the process of extending the recording. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
LeeSoFL

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

So Auto Extend does not exist anymore, witness the fact that the Boston/Houston baseball game stopped recording in the 8th inning.  It used to AUTOMATICALLY RECORD until the event was over.  

Official Employee

• 

245 Messages

This feature was changed several years ago. My brother-in-law got pretty upset with me for missing OT on our football game one year they were down for Thanksgiving. You have to select the option to extend when setting your recording options. That said, if you record every game, you can choose this setting just once, and it will auto extend for every game. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

For those posting from Comcast, have you worked there for just a week or two?  "Auto Extend" is totally different than "Change Start/Stop time" and it is not a feature that changed several years ago, it changed within the last couple weeks!!!

Looks like another great feature Comcast added and then took away-for some reason.  I suppose "Smart Resume" will be next.

LeeSoFL

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

1 m ago

Why do some shows offer the option to "modify" and add 3 minutes to a program, while others offer the least amount of time at 30 minutes. 

Why would there be a difference in extend time from one program to another?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

245 Messages

@LeeSoFL,The option on time available to auto extend depends on the length of the original program. If the program is 30 minutes, you'll see an option to extend for 3 minutes. If it's a longer program, like a sporting event, you'll see the longer time available to extend. This feature cannot be changed in any of the DVR settings, and is just a rule of the recording options. Hope this helps!

nickyvt

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

24 d ago

Recording Start Times: The DVR is synced with the TV listings. If a network starts a program a minute earlier than the on-screen program guide's scheduled time, the DVR will miss that first minute, unless you program the DVR to start a minute early. Start times may be adjusted on the Record Options screen. Learn more about changing the start or stop time of a recording on your X1 DVR.

Auto Extend: In case an auto-extendable program you’ve scheduled to record runs over the scheduled time, Auto Extend will automatically extend your recording by 90 minutes and end once the program is over. Game recordings run 15 minutes after the end of the game to account for post-game activities.

LeeSoFL

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

24 d ago

But Comcast said the Auto Extend feature is no longer a festure.

nickyvt

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@LeeSoFL I’m not sure about that. This is quoting their website…..

nickyvt

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@LeeSoFL we’ve recently had trouble with Bruins games so I looked at their web store and it doesn’t say they don’t have it anymore.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Why is there no answer to the simple question "Why doesn't auto-extend seem to work any more? "  Auto-extend stopped working for me during the world series and has not worked since. Search everywhere on xfinity and information does not come easy.

Official Employee

• 

46 Messages

The auto extend feature should be working still. You can use the following link https://comca.st/3kM7ZRD to verify the features available and you have to set it up when you set up the recording for the program, however, some programs may not have the feature available to them. 

LeeSoFL

Contributor

• 

377 Messages

Well, it isn't.  It has not shown up as a "feature" of any event in the last many months.  For example, this coming Saturday's NCAA game, "Penn State at Michigan State" has the standard record options.  No auto-extend is mentioned when setting it to record.

New to the Community?

Start Here