kjakubowsk's profile

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

Thu, Feb 11, 2021 8:00 AM

Are you still there? epix Hits?

Last night I was watching The Wrath of Kahn on epix Hits (1874).  When it was over, I turned off the TV and went downstairs.  I came back up a couple hours later and this was on the screen when I turned the TV on:

Are You Still There?

This TV Box will go to sleep in 5 minutes. If you have DVR, scheduled recordings won't be affected.

It then gives me an option to "Stay Awake" or "Manage Power Preferences"

This is the first time I have ever seen this on any of our boxes.  Why did this come up?  It doesn't seem to come up on any other channels.

1 Attachment

Official Employee

• 

188 Messages

9 m ago

Good morning, @kjakubowsk, and thank you for reaching out with your TV concerns with that error message on screen last night! I know any kind of error message can be alarming when you're unsure why you're seeing it, especially when you're trying to relax and enjoy a good movie! Did you use the option to manage your power preferences to make sure your X1 box was working best for your needs?

kjakubowsk

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

9 m ago

No, I did not click on Power Preferences, I clicked on Stay Awake.  This really isn't an error message so I'm not sure why you are calling it that.  I was merely asking why this message comes up on this channel but not other channels.

Official Employee

• 

2.8K Messages

9 m ago

That is a great question kjakubowsk! We appreciate you clarifying further. I wanted to share this helpful link with you, if you'd like to reference it at any point: https://comca.st/3tPtOm9. In there you'll find the following info that answers your question, which is that it does appear your cable box went into nap mode. It's not specific to certain networks, so that is likely just a coincidence. However, this is a feature of all X1 equipment - depending on the mode it's in of course.

What happens when my X1 TV Box is inactive for a long period of time?
There are two modes for your TV Box when there has been no activity for four hours. Power Saver Mode, which conserves your power, and Nap Mode, which does not save power.

Your TV Box will automatically go into Nap Mode after four hours of inactivity if you do not have Power Saver on. If Power Saver mode is on, you will see an "Are You Still There?" message on your screen. If you do not respond to this message, your TV Box will go into Power Saver mode.

When you wake up your TV Box from either mode, you’ll see a “Welcome Back” message on the top of your screen.

Definitely let us know if you'd like any additional support. We're here to help!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 m ago

Um, my power saver mode is set to off and I'm getting the awake prompt anyway

Saffee00

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

2 m ago

Sooo... According to the service agent, either the X1 Box goes into nap mode automatically or it throws a box on your screen that you have to respond to or it goes into nap mode. This isn't a fix! I shouldn't have to continue telling it that I'm here so I can keep watching it. 

The problem is... this idiotic message is coming up WHILE WE ARE ACTIVELY WATCHING TV. We are NOT inactive. This dumb message comes up and interrupts our programs! It's BEYOND annoying. Please tell us how to disable this ridiculous feature once and for all so we can watch tv in peace. This IS a deal breaker. I will absolutely cancel my Xfinity service if you keep forcing me to keep it out of nap mode while I'm watching it. 

New to the Community?

Start Here