U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Apr 16, 2022 1:26 AM

Apple TV on Xfinity won’t launch

We’ve tried over and over but the Apple TV app won’t launch in Xfinity - the busy icon keeps spinning and endlessly. 

Official Employee

• 

227 Messages

5 m ago

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'd like to help! Are you attempting to launch it on the X1 DVR, X1 receiver box, or the Xfinity Flex?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 m ago

I’m seeing the same symptoms. After I launch Apple TV app on my X1 box that is not the DVR (Model: PXD01ANI), press the “Sign In on Mobile Device” button, and I see a never-ending white spinning cursor on a gray background.

I’ve reset my TV boxes thru the comcast site, and all of the other apps I use (Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video) work fine - this appears to be limited to just the Apple TV app.

Any suggestions for how I can get to Apple TV thru my Comcast boxes?

Official Employee

• 

608 Messages

@

Got it, thank you for letting me know. When you back out of the app, it doesn't do anything I take it. Have you rebooted the phone? Did you also have to log into those other apps with the mobile as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Backing out of the Apple TV app on the problematic box didn’t do anything, nor did resetting the whole system. I did not reboot my phone, and tbh, I don’t remember how I got the other apps working b/c they’ve been hooked up for many months.

Note that I was able to launch the Apple TV app on a different receiver box in the house (same model, still haven’t tried on the DVR box), so at this point, I believe this problem is limited to a single X1 receiver box. However, I’m currently traveling, so I won’t be able to try any further diagnostics for a few weeks. I will get back to this chat thread once I’m back at home and can try some other steps.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

I have a similar issue. When I launch Apple TV (which used to work fine) I get a message that I need to replace my Xfinity box (which I just replaced last month). When I say no thanks it kicks me back to the Apps screen. I cannot get into Apple TV. If I don't say no thanks, it starts the procedure of ordering a new box and telling me to send the "old" one back.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@JDHoutz Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! I'm truly sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your cable box being able to launch Apple TV. I would love to look into this further and assist with troubleshooting. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

What was the solution to this issue?  I can no longer access my Apple TV from one of my Xfinity boxes.  It was there before.  Not it prompts me to upgrade the box.  Please help.

Official Employee

• 

103 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_ed3f9f. I will be happy to check on any issue with that app from here. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service?

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://comca.st/3f3TOHt

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here