GeorgeX1's profile

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Friday, September 6th, 2019 7:00 PM

Closed

All scheduled recordings suddenly gone

As of this evening, ALL of our scheduled recordings, both series and singles, are gone.  The DVR had them last night as we checked for our weekend recordings before we turned off the TV for the night.  This evening, Friday, September 9th, the entire scheduled section is blank on the DVR, the XFinity phone app, iPad app, and web site (https://www.xfinity.com/stream/).

What would cause this and can it be undone or do we need to go through and re-schedule every single recording we set up over the past few years?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

5 years ago

The Comcast rep had us unplug for 30 seconds, then start back up.  Still nothing scheduled to record, BUT series recordings showed back up.

At that point, my wife went into one of the recordings already on the DVR, pulled up the series recording info and just clicked "confirm" without changing anything.  All of a sudden everything showed back up again.

"Yay it's back" but also "HELOOOOOOOOOO Comcast????  How did this happen and was it indicative of the DVR actually not scheduling any recordings or was it simply a UI issue where the data wasn't showing correctly?"

Do I need to come show you how a proper QA department should test software?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Exact same thing has happened with my dvr too.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same here. All scheduled recordings gone. Will not accept new recordings. Hopefully they can restore it.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I tried it again and all my scheduled shows are back. Thanks for the tip!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Didn’t work for me. I see saved episodes but nothing is scheduled.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing happened to me tonight.  I tried the fix customer’s wife did and all scheduled shows came back.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I didn't unplug power.
I did restart > Settings > Help > Restart.
I tried saving a series recording and didn't work, then I picked a different series recording and saved it and it worked.

Thanks so much for your info!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same problem! Can this be fixed from the iPad or iPhone Xfinity App?? Please!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

Just solved this. Found a future program in the guide that we normally record. Selected to record the series and ALL scheduled recordings & priority schedule reappeared!! 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Well. I unplugged for a couple hours this morning. And it finally came back. Not sure but I also selected sync DVR. Not sure what caused it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

thanks. i was going to try sync dvr next. maybe before i leave the house or before i go to bed because they said it could take a few hours.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

i had the same issue this morning and spent >1 hour with Tier 1 and Tier 2 support - no resolution. Also feel as though I have tried MOST of the remedies that I am seeing here but nothing was subsequently restored.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@acadei wrote:

just wanted to add my voice to the chorus...same issue here, no luck syncing dvr or redoing an old series recording or anything with support

on your DVR set top box voice command "device settings". scroll to bottom "sync DVR" and do that now. working?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

just wanted to add my voice to the chorus...same issue here, no luck syncing dvr or redoing an old series recording or anything with support

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

@sendtorich wrote:

on your DVR set top box voice command "device settings". scroll to bottom "sync DVR" and do that now. working?

yeah I am pretty sure they're saying that doing this did not remedy the issue and the scheduled recordings are still missing  -

Correct, sync dvr did not work, and re-setting a previous series recording did not work (ive also done a system refresh and tried unplugging the box)

edit: seeing as they all went poof from everything, including the app on my phone, it would seem to be a cloud based issue and hopefully there is some sort of backup that can be restored

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here