Anon1375032's profile

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 10:22 PM

Closed

Add TP-Link X55 system, but TV is still connected to Comcast modem

I had a new wifi system installed.  The previous sytem has a router and bridge mode which worked until the router died.  I had installed the TP-Link X55 system.  The installer thought he had enabled bridge mode.  Here is what is now working.  The TV is showing the Xfinity model with login.  All other devices are show the new wifi system login. 

Everything is working and speed plus coverage are great. 

Is this a normal solution?  Should I just leave everything as it is since all the devices are working.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

7 months ago

@Anon1375032 I am glad that everything in the home is working as you need and the speed/coverage is great! To confirm, the system you set up is a mesh system, correct? Are you still using the Xfinity modem for the mesh system to connect to? Typically, you would not want your modem in bridge modem if you are utilizing a mesh system, and since the Xfinity modem has a built-in router, you would be able to use that built-in feature to connect to all devices. 

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

Current system:

Well, this is confusing.  We currently have two systems: 

1.  The xB6 shows the xfinity login for the television wifi. 

2.  All other devices are using the mesh system wifi and its login.  We tried to put everything on the mesh wifi, but the installer could not make bridge work.

Old system:

Using the xB6 router did not work previously for connecting networked devices on the Linksys.  Switching to the bridge mode (done by Xfinity support tech) and using the Linksys allowed for everything to be connected, but not with the Xfinity wifi and login.  The Linksys wifi and login were used for all devices including the TV.

My question simply is this:  since the new system works, should I just continue using it?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@Anon1375032 It is possible that the system you had before needed to be set up in a specific way with the bridge mode, but based on what I've found with the new system, it would work just fine without needing to be in bridge mode. Mesh systems are designed to help all the devices in the home connect to the best source, but your devices would still be able to connect directly to the modem itself if the device deems that the modem will bring the best connection path. So, I would say if your TV is working without issue while being connected to the modem directly instead of the mesh system, you should be good to go! Let me know if you have any questions on this! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

2 months ago

Hi,

The TV (Xfinity internty) and the mesh for cell phones, and ipads are working well.

I just discovered, though, that the ipad casting doesn't work with the TV with this new arrangement.  I can see the TV internet login and password, and I attempt to add this new setup with the ipad, but the response is that the device is not found.  Prior to the mesh system I was able to cast German TV from the ipad to the TV.  I would like to do this again if it is possible.

Casting is not critical for me, I wonder if there is still some way to get the ipad (connected to the mesh) to also work with the Xfinity tv internet connection.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there! Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear that you are having new issues with the connection. Are the iPad and the TV connected on the same way? Both TV and iPad will need to be updated and on the same network. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here