U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 4th, 2021 12:50 PM

Closed

5.1 audio issue

When using the my xfinity cable box, the X1v4, with my brand new denon audio receiver with HDMI, I do not get 5.1 audio completely.  The sound that comes out of the front left and right speakers is so low you have to put your ear to the two front speakers (left and right) to hear it. The center channel works great and the subwoofer works good too. When I use the receiver with my Blu-ray player all speakers work great and the sound coming out of the front left and right speakers are awesome. The issue only happens when I use (watch from) the xfinity cable box.  When I had my old Xfinity cable box that had a optical out  with my old denon receiver the speakers worked great. I’ve already tried the settings on the cable box for the sound and changed it to expert as well as 5.1 audio and it does not help the problem at all. I am beyond frustrated with the issue to the point where I might be canceling Comcast and going with AT&T if I cannot resolve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you so much for reaching out about your audio issues. We want to make sure you get the most out of your Xfinity services and enjoy your new speakers too! I know you mentioned you checked the box. Have you also tried the following steps in the device settings? 

To access Device Settings:

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote.

1. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK on your remote.

1. Highlight Device Settings and press OK on your remote.

1. Use the down arrow on your remote to highlight Audio and press OK.

1. Digital Audio Output: Optical/SPDIF (Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1)

1. Use the down arrow on your remote to choose HDMI Audio Output and press OK.

1. Use the down arrow on your remote to choose Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1 and press OK.

Please let me know if this helps!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Yes, I already tried that with no correction in the front left and right speakers, they still only whisper.  When I use my Blu-ray player, all speakers work great in 5.1.  I only have this issue when using the xfinity x1 cable box. My old Xfinity cable box worked great with the optical output from the box but the X1v4 only offers HDMI output.  I’m not sure if that makes any difference 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for giving those steps a try. Since you are connecting through the HDMI, are you able to to try and connect via bluetooth to see if any of the issues with the box may be in the HDMI like you mentioned before?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

No, I do not have Bluetooth speakers, they are wired

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Understood.  Thanks so much for following up with us.  Can you tell me if you are receiving any type of error messages when you connect with the speakers?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I’m receiving no error messages when connecting the speakers.  

Would a HDMI 2.1 cable possibly help.  I’m using a 1.4 HDMI

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

So I am lucky to have the legacy DVR and X1 connected to my Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 (front center, left right, Rear left Right and Height front left, right and rear height left and right plus sub). When this evening if I turn on channel 216 which is Showtime and Dexter is on. The legacy DVR shows in the guide Dolby Digital (DD) 5.1. BUT on the X1 BOX, the guide shows this show WITHOUT DD 5.1 and when listening to this on X1, it is at best, simple stereo but on the legacy DVR, it is correctly full surround sound 5.1.

I have tried X1 device settings in Sound with Dolby surround as well as EXPERT Mode out HDMI (which is how i connect for both the legacy DVR as well as the X1 box XG1V4-A)

I do not know why so much of the X1 channels are simple audio and not Dolby Digital surround sound either on the guide label and in fact with the actual listening. it is NIGHT AND DAY... the legacy DVR has a FAR MORE IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE for the audio.

for this reason, I find that I need to KEEP the old DVR until Xfinity can resolve this issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

HDMI 1 is connected to xfinity cable box. I plugged HDMI cable from vizio 5.1 soundbar in HDMI 2, got nothing. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here