Sinista1's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 17th, 2020 7:00 PM

Closed

4K Undetected UHD in Video Settings

I'm not getting 4K from my Xfinity set top box... It's not recognizing the TV's 4K Output

Xfinity Set Top Box - XG1v4 (VOR 16:9 1080p 60 HD (Best Available)

TV - 65" Class JU6700 Curved 4K UHD Smart TV (Going through Xbox One X which handles 4K. Both HDMI cables are High Speed 4K Compatible. (3840-2160 60 - TV picture going out)

Is this issue with my box? It's supposed to be compatible...

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Sinista1 wrote:

I'm not getting 4K from my Xfinity set top box... It's not recognizing the TV's 4K Output

Xfinity Set Top Box - XG1v4 (VOR 16:9 1080p 60 HD (Best Available)

TV - 65" Class JU6700 Curved 4K UHD Smart TV (Going through Xbox One X which handles 4K. Both HDMI cables are High Speed 4K Compatible. (3840-2160 60 - TV picture going out)

Is this issue with my box? It's supposed to be compatible...

connect the set top box directly to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 (see owner's manual). works then?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@Rustyben 

Attaching directly to the TV is *not* an acceptable workaround, because it adds the inconvenience of an additional input switch on the TV when switching to/from the XG1v4. It also prevents the surround processor from capturing the enhanced audio formats that can’t be passed through the TV’s ARC.

(I’m connected through a Rotel RSP-1576MKII Surround Sound Processor.)

One consequence, which has been discussed in other threads without resolution, is, possibly, that the Netflix app does not detect Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos capabilities of a fully capable 4K and enhanced audio configuration. The Amazon Prime app, however, does not seem to be affected and delivers the enhanced Dolby features.

NVIDIA SHIELD TV (and probably other streaming streaming devices) connected to the pre-amp does not have this problem.

Xfinity Support must open a Case to document  this problem, track its resolution, and report that resolution in all threads that address this problem.

Xfinity Systems Engineering must collaborate with the hardware and software suppliers to diagnose and fix the protocol problems.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I note, however, that the QuickStart/Setup Guide requires connecting directly to the TV. It does not state the negative requirement of not connecting to a pre-amp, or sound system, switch. If that is a hard constraint, which seems to be the case, it should specify that.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

It worked going direct to the TV... Strange... With each one on it's own HDMI I am now getting 4K UHD at 3840X2160 60FPS at each source.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, Sinista1. It's great to hear that it's working now! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@ComcastMorgan 

Attaching directly to the TV is *not* an acceptable workaround, because it adds the inconvenience of an additional input switch on the TV when switching to/from the XG1v4. It also prevents the surround processor from capturing the enhanced audio formats that can’t be passed through the TV’s ARC.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

what do you mean connect cable box directly to tv. I'm having the same issue, I had the cable from my wall connected to the xfinity box and hdmi from box to tv.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

@mamanat wrote:

what do you mean connect cable box directly to tv. I'm having the same issue, I had the cable from my wall connected to the xfinity box and hdmi from box to tv.

Yes that is the way he described. Make sure you have a 4k box to connect to a 4k TV. What box do you have and details would help here. The XG1v4 is needed for a cable connection for 4K then HDMI to 4k TV. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Not only have a 4K tv but utilizing the 4K port on the tv

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

@Tommy6o9gunzz  Not sure if this helps but when my  box was installed by a tech I noticed it was defaulted to 1080. I switched it to 2160 (max resolution)and it stayed there in device settings if that's what you are referring to. Also make sure you are using the using hdmi 1 or 2  input for your 4K tv. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same problem system capability is 4K uhd I have the xg1v4 box but the display says 4K uhd undetected

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah it says it’s on max resolution 2160 but on the right side of the screen it says tv undetected

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

4 years ago

Are you sure your tv is 4k and are the right HDMI port? Mine says for TV on right 4kUHD then the brand  Samsung Electrical company. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Yeah my Tv only has 3 hdmi ports. I’ve tried all three but none of them make it to where it says detected

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, Melissa197322 and Tommy6o9gunzz. Sorry to hear you're still experiencing trouble with this. In this link: https://comca.st/3asOhUM you will see that, "4K UHD and UHD/HDR streaming is only available on specific TV models and may not be supported on all TV/receiver HDMI ports. You should refer to your TV manual to see if you can receive 4K or 4K/HDR content." It was mentioned above, but you'll want to follow this as well: https://comca.st/3pM9orI. Have you made that that both the TV and the HDMI cord are HDCP 2.2 compliant? Also, have you tried using another HDMI cord perhaps?

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Has this been fixed. I have the 4k xfinity box, 4k hdmi 2.2 cord, and my TV's hdmi ports are all 4k 2.2 compatible. When I go to display settings it shows 4k uhd undetected under TV.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @rhazelrig79, thank you for reaching out to us here on Xfinity forums. Sorry to hear you are having HDMI concerns. Did you look into the settings within our box? What is the selection for Video Output Resolution? 

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

16:9, 2160p60 4K UHD (Best Available)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here