H

Saturday, March 16th, 2024 1:00 PM

Closed

4K TV not detected when connected through receiver

Is there a fix for the streaming box not detecting the 4K TV which is connected to the receiver?

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

6 months ago

Hello hkeith! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We value you as a customer and my team is here to support you. To confirm, what 4K TV model do you have? Also, please note that you would need a 4K-capable HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI cord. 

Please follow this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs, for more helpful information. 

(edited)

2 Messages

I have a Samsung Q80 tv. The cords are 4k capable. I tried connecting the box directly to the tv and it works just fine. However, when it is connected through a 4K capable audio receiver, it is not able to detect the 4K tv. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@hkeith Since the connection is working when plugging into the TV but not the audio receiver it would be best to reach out to the device manufacture for further troubleshooting. 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here