basingstoke's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 20th, 2024 11:48 PM

4K reception in Apple TV+ app

Apple TV+ shows are no longer being received in 4K on my X1 box.  This has happened in the last couple of weeks.  4K content on other apps (Netflix, Prime, etc.) is OK.  Unplugged box, plugged back in, still no 4K on Apple TV+.  Has Xfinity "turned off" 4K for Apple TV+, like it did with Max?

Official Employee

• 

581 Messages

24 days ago

basingstoke thank you for reaching out and using the Community Forums page to do so. I would be more than happy to look into the quality of the shows you are receiving. Just to make sure we are on the same page here, are these shows you are accessing through the Xfinity Stream app or some platform that is tied to Xfinity directly?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

22 days ago

Hi Marcus.  This is happening on the Apple TV+ streaming app, which I access on my xfinity X1 "set top" box.  I was getting 4K/Dolby vision reception up to a few weeks ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

That's definitely a strange issue for sure. Well, there isn't a way for the 4K box to disable a resolution feature on a specific app. Do you know if the Apple TV + app has the latest update? Have you checked the Apple TV settings or reached out to Apple at all?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here