BrettLChicago's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 8:00 AM

4k NBCSN channel no Surround Sound?

I have a Sonos Arc with Sub and Surround speakers. I have my xfininty box set to Expert mode. When I watch any of the regular channels I don't have any issues with the sound. When I have the option with Sports to switch to 4k the surround stops working and the audio sounds weak from the arc. I know it's nothing to do with the Sonos. Is this just a box issue or do I have to select something in the settings I'm missing??? I've tried to switch back to just regular 5.1 mode but still not working. Anyone else have this issue or a fix??

Responses

Official Employee

• 

369 Messages

5 m ago

Hello and Happy Sunday! I hope you’re having a great weekend! I also appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to reach out to us on our Community Forums! You’ve reached the best place and perfect person to help with virtually all of your account needs!

Going forward, I'm truly sorry to hear about the sound issue you're experiencing when switching over to 4K content in regard to sporting events. That is very odd this is happening especially because it sounds like your local channels do not have this problem however, so that we can take a closer look from the backend and see what tools we have to help, please send us a private message by clicking my name "ComcastJosephW" then select "Send a Message" on the right side with your name and service address to get started.

Thanks again for both your time and interest!

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 m ago

I have experienced the exact same issue and more.  I lose center channel audio (voice) on live broadcasts like The Voice (when contestants sing), NBA and NFL games (when ref announce calls), PGA (when they introduce players), some non HD movies on Xfinity, and You Tube videos when streaming through the Xfinity box. Also local commercials when watching a live broadcast are affected.  My issue is now in the hands of Xfinity's National Escalated Technical Solutions group.  I am awaiting the engineering group to contact me to setup a call.

I have a Dobly Atmos system, 7.4.2.  After reading other posts there are others out there that are having the same issue.  I don't have any issues when playing the same content on Apple 4k or Blue Ray discs.  

Have you experienced any of these issues?

New to the Community?

Start Here