U

Wednesday, March 6th, 2024 2:51 AM

Closed

4k cable TV box

Greetings,

I just purchased a 4k TV and after looking through the settings on my cable box I have found that it will only output up to 1080p.

I did some research on Xfinity and found that I will need an Xfinity X1 XG1v4 box in order to output at 4k.

I have been unable to find a way to request one of these through my account, and there is a history on this forum of posts where Xfinity support has been able to help.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_448a7z I hope you are loving your new TV! Due to a limited supply of our 4K boxes, they are only able to be ordered through us directly. And, we can most definitley help get you set up with one! Can you send our team a direct message with your full name and address so we can get that process started? To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

I have done as requested.

Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here