D

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

Saturday, June 24th, 2023 8:56 PM

Closed

4K box stuck at “Welcome” screen.

I came home today around 4:00 PM and turned my tv on. The display showed the “Welcome. Bienvenido. Bienvenue.” boot screen. I waited a while and it never changed. I unplugged the power for 30 seconds and attempted a hard reboot, with mostly the same results, the only difference being that now the “Welcome etc” screen flashes periodically until it turns off completely. 
The box is also quite warm. 

Please help. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

1 year ago

This problem seems to have randomly and with seemingly no explanation resolved itself. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

@DefaultCustomerName​ 

Just wait…unfortunately it will happen again….and again….and again. Been dealing with similar issue for the past week.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We're glad to hear the issue resolved itself @DefaultCustomerName but if it starts occurring again, please let us know, and we will be happy to help troubleshoot. Please let us know if there is anything else our team can help with! -AlyssaA

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

This issue occurs about 2 times a week or so. In fact, my tv is currently giving me error code xre-03062. This is very frustrating as this is a brand new 4K tv box. Is it bricked? 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

Had xfinity assistant “send a signal”, now I have a picture but it is so fuzzy I couldn’t even begin to say what I’m watching. I anticipate my box will get stuck in a restart loop again in the coming days or hours. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

1 year ago

I had the same problem after local “network improvements” were done (including something replaced in my building). I chatted with the Xfinity Assistant, who had me do some things (e.g. unplug box from surge protector & plug directly into wall), and who itself did some things (?) and said it would be working in an hour. Before going to bed I tested it and it was working. Next day it wasn’t working again, stuck on the reboot “Welcome” screen (restarting the box didn’t help). I chatted again with the Xfinity Assistant, who did something and fixed it. It’s been working for over a day now, including over night.  So it seems it wasn’t my nearly new 4k tv box not working, it was something [Edited: "Language"] within Xfinity’s system. Hmmm.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

And here’s a (sordid) update. The day after my 1st post, my box stopped working again, for the rest of the day. This (3rd) time when I chatted with The Assistant it just made an appointment for a technician to come over. The next day (yesterday) when I woke up it still wasn’t working (stuck on the Welcome/… screen). But then a couple hours later it magically was working again. I’m confused now - I don’t know if it’s my box or the Xfinity system messing with my account. Sigh.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

I went through this a while ago . . eventually the box died completely and for good.  The service tech who visited confirmed all was well with the input signal and my system except the box had gone bad.  So he replaced it.

After a while, I realized this replacement box was not providing any 4k video at all.  After some research on my part and communications with xfinity phone support, they confirmed that the model cable/dvr box installed is not 4k capable.  They are supposedly mailing me a proper 4k capable cable/dvr box because the local xfinity store doesn't have any. Can't wait to swap it out and see what happens . . .

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Thank you for sharing your experience, @user_e1d32a. When did you order the replacement 4K box? The boxes take 2-5 business days to arrive at your home. We would be happy to follow up and help during this process.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

UPS says the box will arrive at our home tomorrow Wednesday 7/5/23.  I should be able to install it once I confirm it is a cable/dvr model that supports 4k. Once all is working ok, I will drop off the current box at UPS so I don't get charged for anything.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Let us know once you have it, and we will be happy to help further if you need anything. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ 

to be clear, I am the OP and this issue has not been resolved for me. I am currently staring at the welcome screen on my original, unreplaced, 4K box. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

@XfinityEricB​ 

And the Xfinity Assistant is giving me the runaround. Not that I’ve EVER been successfully assisted by Xfinity chat or phone support.

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

1 year ago

In case there is any confusion, this issue is not resolved and chat support through the xfinity app has been of no help. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately, this all sounds very familiar! TV works for 10 days…then end up spending a day looking at Welcome screen…unplugging/plugging power! A recurring problem.

1 Message

10 months ago

I am having the same problem.  I attempted a hard reset with no success.  I called 1-800-xfinity and the rep sent a signal unsuccessfully.  I asked to get a replacement box, but the reps English was poor.  She is going to send a technician over.  This is my 7th box in 14 months.  Very frustrated!

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

God speed brother (or sister?). My box ended up getting replaced with a standard HD box. The 4K boxes just have too many issues at the moment. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

I also had my 4k box replaced with a standard HD box. My 4K box worked for exactly 1 day and then would show nothing but the welcome screen and an error message. I spent hours on the phone with tech support over two days while they did all kind of things, but nothing would get it working again. There just isn't enough 4K content on Xfinity to make it worth the hassle. If there's something I really want to watch, I can stream it in 4K via the Xfinity app on my Apple TV. So far the HD box has been just fine, and I expect it will continue to be just fine, as the HD box I stupidly traded in for the 4K box was.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello there @user_khymlg thank you so much for using our Forums as a way to communicate with our team. We are here happy to work together to see how we can improve your situation. To get started can you send us a DM with your complete name and service address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @mombecker! We regret to hear your 4K box was replaced with a box without 4k capabilities. If you’d like, our team can assist with swapping your current box with a 4K box. 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​  no thank you! There's not enough 4K content on Xfinity to make it worth the hassle of trying to get a 4K box to work. If you had read the rest of my post, you would see that it was swapped for an HD box because I wanted it that way. And I'm happy with that decision.

1 Message

10 months ago

I've been to the store 3x and had a tech out to address issues. After swapping box out and told the replacement equip was activated and ready to go - I turned to on and it's now stuck on welcome screen.

THIS IS AN EXFINITY ISSUE

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_lzv2fn Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely understand the frustration and it's important to us that we help you resolve this concern. Since you've already had a technician out and replaced equipment, I would like to get a closer look at your account. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here