U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, May 13th, 2021 2:55 PM

Closed

Unable to complete EBB application on Xfinity website

I am trying to fill out the Xfinity application for Emergency Broadband. I spoken to several support people, but no of them have helped. Most of them know little about the EBB program. When I try to access the application it goes to existing customer plans and then errors out with: https://www.xfinity.com/error/buy/sorry?errorCode=plan-contact-us.

I also have never been able to look at plans through the Change Plans button (same error). I've seen several posts about not being able to change plans with the same error, but no resolution from Comcast. Any one have any ideas? The issue is the same no matter what browser or device I use.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Ah, man! I apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused you with speaking to several people with no help. This is definitely not the experience we want for our customers to have. As a customer myself, I understand the importance of receiving a solution in a timely manner. I will do all that I can to rectify this experience. We appreciate you for your time and patience with us on this new program. For your area, would you mind confirming if you have already confirmed with the program’s [National Verifier site](https://comca.st/3eJjYfX)?

At Comcast, our aim is to always provide digital options that help make managing your account simple and easy. Since you have not been able to look at plans through our webpage, I would like to do some troubleshooting steps on my end. To further assist, would you mind sending us a private message with your name and address by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am in the same situation here as a current comcast customer.   I have been verified at the lifeline website and tried to use the link provided at https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/ebb?intcmp=ILC:PD:BAUP:ALL:GEN:GEN:COM:NA:lis:4201645528 and keep getting error msg and were sorry to contact us.  please help

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is also an issue for me. I’d appreciate help so I can access the EBB application.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastGabe I am in the same situation here as a current comcast customer.   I have been verified at the lifeline website and tried to use the link provided at https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/ebb?intcmp=ILC:PD:BAUP:ALL:GEN:GEN:COM:NA:lis:4201645528 and keep getting error msg and were sorry to contact us.  please help

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity forums! I definitely understand wanting to take advantage of this benefit and I am truly sorry that you have been running into issues applying for it. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page and I'm happy to see how we can help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I too am getting this error while trying to change plans or do the last step of the EBB program. I have chatted with 3 different people, been on the call 4 different times with different departments.  No one seems to know what they are doing or how to fix the problem

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi xRatWV,

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Feel free to reach back out to me here if you need anything further. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

It has nothing to do with EBB. It is our accounts that are messed up on the xfinity system.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi xRatWV, thank you for reaching out to me here with this concern. I am more than happy to assist you with getting this corrected. I see that you're signed in on your cell phone, can you tell me if you have the same issue on another device? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Yes same issue on a laptop, desktop or any other device i try.  I just want my account fixed so i can make changes to my plan and take advantage of the much needed EBB.  I work for the Office of the West Virginia Attorney General.  If I have to file a complaint with my office to get my account fixed, I will.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for letting us know and for your patience while you work hard to take advantage of this great new program. Since there is an error when you are trying to make changes and complete the last step of the EBB Program we would need you to contact our Internet Essentials Team at 1-855-846-8376. They will be able to provide you with the correct resolution for completing this process. Thank you again for your understanding and extreme patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I just chatted with the Xfinity support and they just told me to talk to the EBB department which I have already spoken to and who has no answers but told me to "wait".  I don't understand why do you have a website up and running if you are not equipped to handle the applications from customers.  This is so frustrating

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I truly am sorry, I'm digging into this further here on my end. Can you confirm that when you attempt to sign up you are using your Xfinity User Name and password?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

of course I used my xfinity user name and password and I'm still getting the same error just now.

We're sorry.

Please contact us and one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives can help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Comcast has no idea what to do. They just most likely got an influx of all these applications and not enough man power. I got an auto generated email saying I don't qualify. But I got an email saying I was approved by national verifier. And Comcast is saying I have to wait another 24-48 hours. I'm bound to Comcast, meaning I have to use them they have a monopoly on this area. But believe me, once something more reliable comes along I will ditch them. 

I'm stuck because they have the most reliable lines down but service sucks. Come on Elon with starling come through shake Comcast and every other provider up a little. 

Anyway, I'll wait to see if they can process this application. Makes no sense that I got denied from Comcast but have an approval from national verifier WITH the same exact information entered on both sides.

Please don't bother to reply Comcast, you're all garbage and same dumb responses. This is for the community.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here