XfinityJonathan's profile

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Megathread - "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details"

****UPDATE*****

We have pushed a batch refresh through so this issue should now be resolved - try refreshing your My Account, clearing your browser cache if needed. Most other issues you encounter are probably answered here:Top Troubleshooting Scenarios - START HERE BEFORE POSTING 

Hi everyone, if you've signed in but are presented with "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details, try again" we apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced by this issue. Reply to this thread and we'll apply the stopgap solution. The developers are looking into the issue at multiple levels (how it happened, what the fix needs to be, how to prevent it).

How do I pay my bill?

If you need to pay your bill, you can use the Xfinity Assistant or directly pay without signing in neither of those experiences are affected by this configuration issue.

Can you help me fix it?

For right now, reply to this thread and we'll apply the stopgap solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For folks who are interested in the details:

Symptom

• You sign in successfully, but see the error message "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details, try again". 

Differential Diagnosis

• This is happening in Dec 2020 (If you're googling this a few months from when it was posted, you are not encountering the same issue).
  • Other account issues can cause similar symptoms. 
  • Please confirm your issue is not one listed in our other stickied post.
  • Not every issue you encounter can be diagnosed without account research.
  • This is a generic error message, and if something else is wrong with your account it may be another reason that is causing this error message to appear (we've actually had a few of those pop up too).

Background

• We have an identity database with settings and configurations for your identity with the following relevant fields:
    • cstAccountStatus
      • If you have service and the billing system agrees, it's set to "A" for "Active" and shows in My Account you have service with us.
    • cstDetailedAccountStatus
      • For everyone affected has been set to "NULL" where everyone else is set to "Active"
      • When switched from "NULL" to "Active" the affected user is fixed.
  • Only higher tier escalation teams can make this configuration change. 

Root Cause

• TBD, but here are some initial thoughts...
  • My Account looks at the Identity database to determine if you still have access. 
  • We believe it's a misconfiguration within My Account that recently changed that affected a small crop of our customer base, where cstDetailedAccountStatus is now being read (it wasn't read before, meaning you didn't experience the issue before, even if you had the "NULL" setting in cstDetailedAccountStatus.

Is this an outage?

No, this issue is affecting .03% of our customer identity base, but highly represented as a support issue, hence the importance and priority in getting it fixed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Whatever you did when investigating the issue seems to have reset something. I am able to access everything again. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

1 y ago

Great to hear @katysek, enjoy your services!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Hi, I'm getting this "Sorry, This Isn’t Working Right Now. Please reload the page and try again." error. The site worked fine earlier today when I set up an appointment, but a few hours later when I went to check my account again I encountered this error. I looked at the troubleshooting page that was linked and tried the things there (use a different browser, clear cache, etc.) but nothing worked. Hope you can take a look at this and let me know how I can fix it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Cant log into pay my bill. Says sorry can't access your account please helpppppp

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

1 y ago

@billy_fang @Skye77  can you ping me your account info and I'll take a look, thanks!

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

1 y ago

That's great news @katysek 🙂 I'm glad everything is working! Thank you so much for bearing with us. Do all you can to have a good day and please let us know if you need anything else. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Can you please help me! I cant access my account settings!!!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

This has been happening to me for awhile. It’s impossible to do anything on your app or website.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

1 y ago

Hi @Ets7700 and @Xness,

Per the differential diagnosis, you are both signed in to the wrong account. Both of you are on a WiFi On Demand account and you probably have a different one for your Xfinity services at your residence.

Per Top Troubleshooting Scenarios - START HERE BEFORE POSTING 

If you are potentially on the wrong account, go to www.xfinity.com/getstarted to create and link your identity to the new one.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Help! I too have been receiving "Sorry, This Isn’t Working Right Now. Please reload the page and try again." as I try and access my account. This has been going on for weeks.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

1 y ago

Hi @RichGreerUSA, yours was a different issue, but I was able to resolve it (it was stuck in the pre-activation state). Let me know if that fixed it!

Official Employee

• 

350 Messages

1 y ago

@Skye77

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. I do see that we have reached out to you on 1/10. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Hi,

I have been trying to access my account for the past few days, and I am not able to see my account information.

I can log in but I get this error message: “Sorry, This Isn’t Working Right Now.” Refreshing the page does not work.

Can anyone help please? @ComcastJonathan  will you be able to take a look?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

i have never not even 1 time been able to view or pay my bill or view my acct through the app or the website

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

I am so frustrated!  I have been unable to pay my bill online through my xfinity account OR via the app on my phone for at least 6 months now.  I've called customer service multiple times, with no success.  On my phone, it says I'm logged in, but it can't access my account details.  I've tried logging out, logging back in.  I've tried deleting the app, reinstalling.  Nothing works.

As for the website, I've logged in from multiple devices and multiple browsers. I have the two step authentication set up because someone tried to purchase xfinity mobile using my account details; we got the xfinity fraud division involved at that time, changed the password and enabled the two step verification.

I was still able to pay online for several months after that happened.  Online account access, when I click on view my bill, pay my bill, etc. I just get the generic "Sorry this isn't working right now" with a reload button that does absolutely nothing.  I've cleared my cache, i've tried installing and launching from a completely different browser.  I've tried on totally different computers.  ALL unsuccessful.  The link you provided gets me the exact same error.  I am so aggravated with this issue!!!!!

New to the Community?

Start Here