XfinityJonathan's profile

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

Sunday, December 27th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Megathread - "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details"

****UPDATE*****

We have pushed a batch refresh through so this issue should now be resolved - try refreshing your My Account, clearing your browser cache if needed. Most other issues you encounter are probably answered here:Top Troubleshooting Scenarios - START HERE BEFORE POSTING 

Hi everyone, if you've signed in but are presented with "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details, try again" we apologize to anyone who has been inconvenienced by this issue. Reply to this thread and we'll apply the stopgap solution. The developers are looking into the issue at multiple levels (how it happened, what the fix needs to be, how to prevent it).

How do I pay my bill?

If you need to pay your bill, you can use the Xfinity Assistant or directly pay without signing in neither of those experiences are affected by this configuration issue.

Can you help me fix it?

For right now, reply to this thread and we'll apply the stopgap solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For folks who are interested in the details:

Symptom

• You sign in successfully, but see the error message "You are logged in but we are unable to access your account details, try again". 

Differential Diagnosis

• This is happening in Dec 2020 (If you're googling this a few months from when it was posted, you are not encountering the same issue).
  • Other account issues can cause similar symptoms. 
  • Please confirm your issue is not one listed in our other stickied post.
  • Not every issue you encounter can be diagnosed without account research.
  • This is a generic error message, and if something else is wrong with your account it may be another reason that is causing this error message to appear (we've actually had a few of those pop up too).

Background

• We have an identity database with settings and configurations for your identity with the following relevant fields:
    • cstAccountStatus
      • If you have service and the billing system agrees, it's set to "A" for "Active" and shows in My Account you have service with us.
    • cstDetailedAccountStatus
      • For everyone affected has been set to "NULL" where everyone else is set to "Active"
      • When switched from "NULL" to "Active" the affected user is fixed.
  • Only higher tier escalation teams can make this configuration change. 

Root Cause

• TBD, but here are some initial thoughts...
  • My Account looks at the Identity database to determine if you still have access. 
  • We believe it's a misconfiguration within My Account that recently changed that affected a small crop of our customer base, where cstDetailedAccountStatus is now being read (it wasn't read before, meaning you didn't experience the issue before, even if you had the "NULL" setting in cstDetailedAccountStatus.

Is this an outage?

No, this issue is affecting .03% of our customer identity base, but highly represented as a support issue, hence the importance and priority in getting it fixed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @SusanM2, we just pushed an update on the back end to batch-patch everyone, let me know if it's working again for you. Thanks!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

cannot access my account as it keeps saying "Sorry, this isnt working right now" can anyone help please?

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @jsilvestre, I've been able to patch your Identity, give it a shot now!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I believe I have a similar problem.  My account sign-in is OK, but after sign-in, I see:
"Sorry, This isn't working right now"
"Please reload the page and try again"
And a "Reload" button.  The button has no effect; the same error is displayed again.

Also, when I try to use the "lite" URL "Pay any balance without signing in" I see the same error. For me, "Lite" is not a workaround.

My account sign-in username is "adcockea_gmail"

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.  EDIT:  My problem is resolved.  Thank you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is happening to me too and I just wanna check on an appointment I have coming up.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am currently experiencing this problem. Can log in but cannot access my acocunt.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Hi @adcocke @shanejlong we're using your accounts to help triage, thanks for your patience, we'll get it resolved.

@Jonahs14 did you just sign up for service on the 23rd? It seems like a different issue, can you PM me?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hi
I’m trying to access an older Comcast email for some documents I need in there. Can you apply the same “stopgap” solution to my account. It is currently giving me the same error message.

Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

@Crazzy_bob @shanejlong @adcocke  your accounts should be accessible now, thanks for your patience!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Also having the same problem. Went to pay bill last night and could not do it. Thanks for any help.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same problem

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Okay I pmd you

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am also having this problem

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Re @Jonahs14's issue just to give folks a heads up, you may be signed into an Xfinity ID that's not tied to the actual billing account, which may have another Xfinity ID like your mobile phone number. The best way to check is to go to www.xfinity.com/id to check. You may need to sign out of the forums and sign into the correct ID to see your My Account information.

More general troubleshooting steps can be found here Top Troubleshooting Scenarios - START HERE BEFORE POSTING 

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

@daviderickson27  you should have the patch, give it a try now, thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here