E

5 Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2024 6:34 AM

How am I supposed to pay my bill when I can't log in to the website?

I would assume that XFinity would like to pay my bill every month, on time. Yet, I can't log in to their website for the second month in a row. I've manage to theoretically pay through the Assistant, which is a piece of useless garbage. And when I try to get to an agent through it, it takes multiple circles through useless prompts. How about when I type "Agent," it immediately recognizes that it is, in fact, useless, and connects me?

I'm at the point where I'm ready to just stop paying and move to a competitor.

Today was even worse than last month, where I at least got signed in once or twice, though I never could get the payment page to load. Today it just kept cycling me back to a page to enter my password, while occasionally display a screen that looked like it was a timeout warning, but was never visible long enough to read the whole thing. I managed to get to my email through the link at the top of this page, which implies that at some point at least one of my login attempts actually worked and I am in fact logged in, but despite that apparently being the case, I still can't get to any page that will actually show me billing information, most recent payments, or anything, you know, useful.

Not all of us want to use a smartphone and an app to do this with. Many of us still prefer to use our PCs that are our primary means of using the internet.

Official Solution

5 Messages

3 months ago

So, finally one of the official responses in DM suggested switching browsers and potentially refreshing Firefox. I have Chrome, but only use it once in a blue moon, but it seemed to work fine, so I went ahead and did the Firefox refresh, which seems (so far) to have fixed things (and I haven't changed the recommended settings/hardware acceleration from their default on, so interesting that that partial fix worked like it did...). I didn't even think about the refresh, since I haven't had to do it in literally years, but for now it seems to be doing the job.

If anyone else having these issues is using Firefox, at least: the 3-bar drop-down menu (by default in the upper left)->Help->More troubleshooting information->Refresh Firefox (which will be in the upper left of the settings tab it'll open). It should also give you a chance to confirm before committing to doing it.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 months ago

@EisaiZenji We want to thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your Xfinity website login issue. We are glad we were able to resolve your issue by recommending you refresh Firefox. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hello EisaiZenji. Please clear your cache and cookies in your internet browser, restart the browser and try once more.

5 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​ I did that last month to no avail. Just to see if it was still an exercise in futility, I tried again just now. It seems to log me in, and then redirects me to https://www.xfinity.com/auth where if I click on the "Account" icon, it shows a sidebar with my name and "Sign Out" and nothing else. If I click on "Billing" further down the page, I'm told the page isn't redirecting properly, "which may be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies", which shouldn't be the case.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

No problem @EisaiZenji!  We are glad to take a closer look at things for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have the exact same issue.  I also had the same issue last month.  I have tried clearing my cache, using different browsers, and going into incognito to sign in.  All to no avail.  I'm 99.9% certain this is a Comcast web portal issue.

3 Messages

I have the exact same issue...I keep getting delete your cacche/cookies...blah...blah..blah...I keep deleting cache/cookies and I still cannot access my bill...Please help...

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_pwikdg, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

having same problem what the heck?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @rhnkqn02 ! Thank you so much for reaching your Digital Care team. I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with not being able to log into your Xfinity account online. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

Sign in to what? I am already sign in....I cannot send a direct message...

3 Messages

I don't see a pencil and paper icon

5 Messages

@user_pwikdg​ Go to the link they mentioned ( https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging  )-- I didn't see a "Direct Message" icon at first either (it's the text box up next to the Bell icon at the top of this page), but that link takes you right there. Hopefully you get something useful out of it. So far I answered a bunch of questions and they said they'd create a ticket and I'd get a follow-up text (which was admittedly over the weekend), but I've not gotten anything relevant.

As @user_odpbic mentioned above, I really don't see how this is anything but an issue on their end.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@EisaiZenji​ 

The text box icon is the icon for direct messaging.  😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

1 Message

3 months ago

I've been having the same problem for the last couple days.  I called "Customer Support" and got directed to a couple different departments.  The third time I was redirected, I was on hold for half an hour, so I gave up.  Extremely frustrating. 

5 Messages

3 months ago

So, I was having issues with a different website, and after a bit of searching I found something suggesting I turn off performance settings and hardware acceleration in Firefox and restart. It fixed things for that website, and then after a while I thought maybe that might have consequences for Xfinity, so I reset the settings and restarted again and was able to access the billing page. There are still issues with the site (sidebar still only shows name and "Sign Out", and the billing page seems to take longer to load than it should), but I was able to access the billing page. I'm not going to leave the settings disabled for other reasons, so it's entirely possible I forget this in the future, but there's at least a partial solution. Seems to me like this should be something that can be solved without me having to change those settings.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

24 Messages

3 months ago

I agree with many of these ppl. It is absolutely ridiculous that I pay high sums for my connection to Xfinity and it takes forever to get logged on and STAY logged on. Today it was over 60 minutes messing around with the [Edited - Language] cache. Used a brand NEW INSTALLATION of CHROME and had the same problems on a BRAND NEW HARDLY USED PC. We should NOT HAVE TOP GO THROUGH THIS. What a waste of our time!!!!!!!!! Someone needs to fix the [Edited - Language] problem already.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here