tcp100's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Friday, January 1st, 2021 8:00 PM

Closed

Can't change plans due to FLEX being on my account

I check every few months to see what's available to me - even two weeks ago I was able to browse new internet plans, but now I'm being told I need to talk to a representative to change plans simply because the free FLEX service is on my account.

I barely use the thing, but this makes for major inconvenience. I've seen other people having the same problem and it was noted as being an error?

I see: "errorCode=DFPLN1011"

Is there any way to un-restrict my account so I can shop plans, or just cancel FLEX, as I don't even use it?  I hate waiting on hold and having someone describe plans and fees to me, I'd rather see it in writing online. 

Others have apparently had success in getting this fixed on their account. Any advice?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Managing your Xfinity Account online

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing happened to me too. Did you get this resolved? Did returning the Flex help?

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

I have not gotten it resolved. The chat folks don't seem to understand anything about Flex, and I haven't had the time to sit on hold and talk to a rep.  I had to talk to a rep to change my plan though, and brought up the Flex and she said it wasn't her department.. sigh.  So I'm still stuck in that position that I can't do anything online since I have Flex.

Why in the world Flex, a free add-on, stops anyone from changing their plan is beyond me.  Other messages in here say it was a "bug" that was supposed to be fixed back in September, but apparently it's not a priority. Strange. 

This whole thing led to my other question on here, about the $10 AutoPay discount -- the whole reason I would rather do things online is so I can see things and terms in writing, versus taking a representative's word for it,  which is the situation I'm in now. 

Not a good experience, Comcast. Please fix it.  

I will update if I have any luck returning the Flex this week, but it seems hold times are high.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Bumping this as I have the exact, same, incredibly annoying issue. I have spoken to 3 representatives now that were not able to help. I am looking to build a plan, exactly how I was able to before accidentally taking flex (I thought, oh free, okay, whatever). One of the reps, in leiu of helping solve this technical issue, was taking nearly 10 minutes to bring up information that was coming up instantaneously before. This is just incredibly aggrevating as my connection has never been delivered anywhere near it's promised speed and now I have no choice but to order more but do not want to get ripped off as I did the last time I picked a plan. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have this exact same problem... I can't even transfer my service to a different address.
Basically this "free" add-on had now cost me the ability to manage my account online. This is very upsetting and I am highly dissatisfied with Comcast/Xfinity

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

3 years ago

@szeligal Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your programming package concerns. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your home and we want to do all that we can to assist. We always have offers and options, available for our current customers I would love to get you set up with an account review. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: https://comca.st/391oRyp;

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

Oh my... I just called Xfinity and they told me that after I changed my plan I am now being charged for Flex! How do I get this ridiculous thing off my account!! This is an absolute mess.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastMichele, we aren't reaching out due to "programming concerns".  We don't want to sit down with a representative for an "account review".  This is EXACTLY the type of thing we're trying to avoid, and why we're unsatisfied with this situation.

AGAIN, the problem is that anyone with Flex cannot manage their plan online.  The "world class" app won't let them, it forces them to call or chat.  We want to do that, not sit down with a representative who gives us vague quotes - which is leading to the account discount confusion I am now having in another thread, as the rep promised me one price and I'm getting another.

Your app isn't "world class" when having a feature prevents us from managing our plan online! That's not having all the information "at our fingertips", so please spare the marketing speak.  I am so frustrated with you guys, can't you just read something and respond like a human?

The advantage to managing our account online is that we can see things in writing, screenshot them, compare them - not take the word of a represenative on the phone or chat.  Unfortunately, this is another problem Comcast/Xfinity has, as more often than not what a representative says during an "account review" is not what customers end up seeing on their bill in reality.

It's also a really bad look that you answered the question by recommending exactly what customers in this thread want to avoid.  I would suggest reading customer's complaints and understanding them, versus dropping boilerplate non-answers, as this is why people get so frustrated with Comcast's (lack of) customer service.

Official Employee

• 

839 Messages

3 years ago

Nobody should get charged for Flex unless it’s an additional device that they consented to when a service was started or changed.

I’ll message you, check your forum inbox (most people don’t end up responding back btw).

Also, what any sales rep says and what is actually consented to is emailed and/or SMSed to you for your review prior to you accepting, you’re more than welcome to screenshot it as we have records of what was sent as well. If you don’t review and agree to it, there’s no sale, similar to the online buyflow.

I believe the team patched most Flex issues, so it may be due to something else in your pricing and packaging that is preventing an online change of service.

Since you don’t want boilerplate and I’m not a frontline rep, here it is:
Just because some folks are having the issue doesn’t mean everyone is (eg if I walk into a hospital and see a lot of car injuries I’ll think everyone is getting injured when driving). It’s called base rate fallacy. But we aren’t here to explain statistics or psychological biases, we’re here to fix your issues and it’s understandable that you’re frustrated, I would be too.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Your response is similar to what I have received in the 5 times I have been on the phone with representatives over this issue, wasting several hours of my time and theirs, before I finally decided to Google the error code today and found this thread (and others), and discovered that this problem has existed for almost a year now.

Here's my account review: 
I can fix the problem by returning the Flex device.  Okay then.  I was planning to upgrade and use the Xfinity Stream service, but I guess you'd rather have your bug.  God forbid a developer could spend 30 minutes fixing something that has probably cost the company a million dollars by now

Official Employee

• 

39 Messages

3 years ago

@UncleHoot - Our development teams are actively working to have the long-awaited update in place soon. Once the change is implemented, we'll post an immediate notification here.

Regular Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Great.  Back in August, you said it would be done in September.  I'm a software developer.  This is NOT the type of bug that takes months to fix.  This is the type of thing that takes minutes to hours, unless it somehow fundamentally changes the operation of the system.  In those cases, you come up with a minor patch that keeps things running while you contemplate the best course of action for the long-term fix.  You (Comcast) simply do not care.  I wish that weren't true, but based on this issue and the countless other problems, it's obvious.  I mean, at a minimum, you could send a memo to support staff, so that we wouldn't spend hours on the phone trying to fix something that they can't fix.  But it's apparent that you haven't even done that.  It's waste.  It's sad you don't have a corporate policy to prevent needless waste, like most other corporations do.  "Fraud, Waste, and Abuse."  Look it up.  It's a real thing.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

So wonderful - getting overages, tried a few months ago and gave up, 4 hours last 2 days.....

1.3 hours on the line now 6 people, tranfsers, rexplaining it to every person. Start getting somewhere and a transfer to a raw call , new person. ......

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem, called Comcast. They really don't understand the problem.Now I can't see any new offers/change plans online. 

Sorry to say but Comcast support is getting worse, they have standard answers and they don't even try to understand the problem. All they do is transfer you to a new department and then you have to explain the problem again.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I have this issue too.  I took the Flex box back to the Xfinity store 5 days ago.  They took the box but didn't remove the Flex service.  So I called 3 days ago and asked them to please remove the Flex service from my account.  The rep assured me it would happen.  3 days later and its still on my account.  

I read that being a Flex customer allows them to count you as a subscriber in their numbers.  It seems pretty obvious why they are throwing up every roadblock on this.  It is RIDICULOUS to take this much time to remove a service from an account.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here