U

7 Messages

Sunday, November 19th, 2023 4:20 AM

Closed

Yet another victim of the $830 for new phone [Edited]

I went in to an Xfinity store today to change service from T-Mobile.  While there, I was advised that my rewards account showed I was eligible for the $830 off a new phone for switching over to Xfinity.  All I had to do was to log in to my Xfinity email (which I never used before) and sign up to get the code.  Unfortunately since I never used that email account, I didn't have the password and could only reset it from my home wifi.  After an hour and a half trying to get ahold of somebody on the phone for Xfinity password reset so I could take advantage of the deal, I gave up and had to leave the store to reset my password at home.  The employee (who I will say was quite kind and had good customer service) showed me that I had that credit due to me for being a "Platinum" customer for being with Xfinity so long. 

I went home and reset my password so I could get the rewards program activated so I could take advantage of this deal.  I went back to the same Xfinity store and when they looked it up, the reward was magically all of a sudden no longer there.  It didn't even show that it was used and appeared as if it was never even in existence.  I called customer service and was told to call somebody else in the Rewards department the following day.  After spending a couple hours on this, and reading others' reviews about the run around they received from Xfinity, it is quite apparent that I'm another victim of this $830 reward scam.  I would like to resolve this, but because of this terrible experience I'm considering going back to T-Mobile.  I may pay some more, but I haven't been scammed by them.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

@user_2a9cx7 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We have very limited access to Xfinity Mobile over social media. Have you been in contact with the mobile experts via these methods: 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

7 Messages

I have tried calling but like everyone else has mentioned I keep getting handed off or when I call the number for the rewards department, the wait is so long it just hangs up on me. 

Retired Employee

• 

729 Messages

Please send a direct message, thank you

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

@user_2a9cx7​ Any luck ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here