U

Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 1:38 PM

What happened to the $100 gift cards I was promised for transferring my mobile provider to Xfinity?

I find it extremely hard to understand why Xfinity has made it so difficult to honor their promo encouraging customers to switch mobile carriers to Xfinity.  Sometimes good deals are not always as they seem.

My wife and I spent last winter away from our house and had to put our tv and internet on vacation mode.  I contacted Xfinity on 13 June 2023 to have the tv and internet returned to standard operating mode.  During that phone call the Xfinity representative asked which company we used for mobile phone service.  When I told her it was not Xfinity, she told me of a great promo that Xfinity was running whereby if we switched our provider to Xfinity we would receive a Visa gift card for each phone, $100 for lower end phones, $300 for Google phones, and $500 for high end Samsung phones.  The gift cards could be used to purchase anything.

16 June 2023 – I contacted Xfinity regarding the $100 for our new Galaxy A14 5G phones.  I spoke with Corey, a Xfinity representative, and asked when we could expect to receive our $100 gift cards.   He was very helpful and seemed to be “up to speed” about the promo.  He checked our account and told me that the gift cards would not be mailed out until 30 days after activation, therefore on or about 30 July 2023.

12 August 2023 – I spoke with Bob, a Xfinity representative, and asked him why we had not received our gift cards.  He checked our account and said that the gift cards would not be mailed out until 90 days after activation, i.e., approximately 31 October 2023.

16 November 2023 at 1538 – I called Customer Service at Xfinity regarding the gift cards and spoke to Jhea, I think.  She went to our account and saw a record of 2 phones purchased, sent via US mail, and a delivery delay and she recommended that I call Xfinity Mobile Care at 800-526-3268.

16 November 2023 at 1539 – I spoke to Ira, a Xfinity representative, about my case and asked where the gift cards were.  She passed me on to a second representative, whose name I did not get but who sounded like Jhea.  She said that the $100 gift cards were for customers who transferred their mobile account to Xfinity using their existing phones, not for purchasing new phones!  At this point I was extremely frustrated and explained that the promo quoted to me back in June made it quite clear that the gift cards could be used to purchase anything, including new phones!  She said that, unfortunately, we would not be receiving the gift cards.

This whole scenario makes absolutely no sense.  There are several questions I still have:

1. Why did Corey state on 16 June 23 that the gift cards would be sent out 30 days after activation, yet when I spoke to Bob on 12 August 23 he said that the cards would be mailed out 90 days after activation?
  2. Why did the original representative who told me about the promo not make it completely clear that I was not allowed to purchase new phones and activate them with Xfinity?
  3. I was told that the gift cards could be used to purchase anything, but not the phones; however, it was impossible to use the gift cards to purchase the phones because the gift cards were scheduled to arrive 90 days after the phones were activated, by that time my credit card account would have gone through three billing cycles, unless Xfinity was willing to wait three months for their payment.

It seems that this whole program was poorly run, the staff were poorly trained on the details of the program and how to answer customer’s questions accurately…or it was all a ruse? Unfortunately, I did not receive detailed written information about the program via mail or email. Lesson learned; it’s time to find a more reputable company.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

8 months ago

user_3rrqrw

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

2 Messages

Unfortunately I was disconnected from my conversation with Airelle.  How do I get back to that conversation?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

@user_3rrqrw

Hey there! You can just go back to your messages and reply to the same thread 🙂

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

8 months ago

I have also been told I wasn’t eligible after being promised over 5 times. Then after 90 days was told I needed to have the same phone on account even though I bought 2 new phones from Xfinity mobile. Yes they are a scam and I’m contact 7 on your side and putting these scammers on blast. Never again Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_y5vz31 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with a Xfinity Mobile promotion. You can check the status of any Xfinity incentive here. Also, I suggest reaching out to the Xfinity Mobile Team directly if you feel you qualified for a promotion, and didn't receive it. 

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 888-936-4968
• Phone: 888-936-4968
Xfinity Mobile Website
Direct Chat

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

6 months ago

That's CRAZY!!!! I am going through the exact same thing!!!! I signed up a new line and brough my own phone over the summer because of a promotion saying I would get $100 gift card! Never came. I chatted over and over and over and was told that I needed to be patient, it was coming. I'm chatting with someone right now that is now telling me that the promotion was different and I didn't qualify. Customer service is a JOKE

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I too am having this problem!  Xfinity sent me an email that my $100 card was on it way, I would receive it in 7-10 business days… That was 12/13/2023… it is now 2/06/2024, and still no card!  I

called and was transferred 3 times, and the second rep was going to just give my a number to call, to which I insisted that he connect me, this is “service”??

I also contacted them by email with promise that I would here from Xfinity within 3 business days… sigh…

1 Message

5 months ago

I switched 5 phones from Verizon to xfinity. They told me I would get a $100 for each line that I switched. I never received a gift card like they told me I would.

Official Employee

• 

991 Messages

@user_xnrxpj Hi there! Thank you for sharing the trouble that you have had with receiving the promotion for bringing your own device. I'm sorry that we have started off on the wrong foot. I would love to help out! We have limited access to our mobile side, but we have been successful working with our peers to assist our customers. Have you been in contact with our mobile experts yet? They are available by phone or texting 888-936-4968, or have you reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

4 months ago

I just switched over to Xfinity mobile a week ago and was promised 2 $100 giftcards.  I was told I should receive them in a weeks time.  After calling I was told by a different rep that the gift card promo expired a week before I switched my service and I wasn’t eligible.  After complaining to switch back to T-Mobile for being misled, I was told that they would escalate the issue and I would receive a call to resolve the situation.  I called back the following day only to find out my issue had not been escalated and was told that I do qualify and just needed to wait 90 days to receive the cards.  So 2 days ago I went to leave feedback at an Xfinity Support site that you can find by googling ask [Edit: Personal Information].  Once I signed in and left my experience with Xfinity mobile, I received an email later that evening stating that they handled Xfinitys residential services but they escalated the situation to Xfinity Mobiles corporate contact.  Today I received a call from [Edit: Personal Information] from Xfinity corporate, her number is [Edit: Personal Information].  She told me that there was no gift card promo when I signed up but since I was misled she issued a $200 credit to my Xfinity mobile account immediately.  Give her a call or leave feedback for [Edit: Personal Information] and someone from his office will assist you in contacting Xfinity Mobiles corporate offices.  The people telling customers lies are sales agents and Xfinity Mobile or Xfinity residential corporate offices, have no idea of the lies these folks are telling people to get them to switch their mobile service to Xfinity Mobile.  Hope this helps.

(edited)

3 Messages

It doesn't show her number :(

1 Message

4 months ago

I have not receive my $100 gift card either.

Official Employee

• 

687 Messages

user_qut6aj Hi there! Thank you for sharing the trouble that you have had with receiving the promotion for bringing your own device. I'm sorry that we have started off on the wrong foot. I would love to help out! We have limited access to our mobile side, but we have been successful working with our peers to assist our customers. Have you been in contact with our mobile experts yet? They are available by phone or texting 888-936-4968, or have you reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

2 Messages

2 months ago

Xfinity Mobile is a complete joke. It has been 8 weeks now past my 90 days and nothing. Every time I call I get told something different. I've even had a escalation created! I even spoke with supposed Supervisor. This is the WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with! The most unorganized,  unprofessional service! For a communications company, they are the absolute worse at communicating anything with their customers. Not worth transferring at all, I will be going back to my old provider. At least I could talk with someone and get answers, not the freaking run around because they don't know how to do their job! My 2-4 wait for my cards AFTER waiting 90 days was 4 weeks ago. not one representative has a answer for my. I even called the gift card customer service, guess what they said????  You got it 2-4 weeks wait! Go figure! Even after I told them it's been 8 weeks past my 90 days. i will not be recommending  xfinity mobile to anyone, I feel like I would be lying to them if I did. 

2 Messages

@user_c01v6t​ read my comment above on how to contact Xfinity mobile corporate.  They will give a resolution.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_c01v6t I'm sorry to hear about your situation. We'd like to help check the status of your ticket and see when the giftcard will be mailed out. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your full name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

674 Messages

user_6y10cv, thank you for providing assistance for other customers with your own recent experience! Let us know if you have any questions regarding any of your services moving forward.

1 Message

2 months ago

Got the same schpeel here. The person they put me in touch with, was some kind of supervisor i was told. When he told me I would receive it within 90 days. I tried to explain to him that it said on the website they put up for this very reason, which contradicted what he was saying:

https://www.xfinityincentivetracker.com/track 

The website said they would be mailed within 10 days of activation and that it had no information on my status yet and it had been well past 10 days. He just didn't want to hear it and started to cop an attitude and wouldn't offer any other info.

This is 3rd issue I have had with Xfinity since I ordered the phone. I was doing the trade-in deal, which by the way was supposed to be 'Get a FREE Samsung Galaxy S24 ON US FOR SWITCHING!", as well as a first-year free (This wasn't the 'On a 2nd line' deal yet). 

At first, it was, "You just need to pay the sales tax on the phone, nothing else!' which I did. But when I noticed that the full price of the phone was on my bill I figured was probably just routine and would be removed but nope, now they said it was a trade-in deal. So after trying to get them to look at their dam TV commercial I gave up and said fine I will send in my Galaxy S22 Ultra and they would credit me like $600. So the word 'FREE' they throw around quite loosely. He said they would send me material and postage to send my old phone in. I informed him that I did not have a printer to print out labels, and he said that they could send one I just affix to the box, but they didn't. I do not live near anyone with a printer that I knew nor was I driving at the time. I am on disability and would never use it as an excuse to not be able to do something.

I called and explained the situation and was told that they would send them out and FEDEX would drop them off the next day by noon. Didn't come.

So during the next two phone calls with them, I was told the same thing and that I should drive some 20 miles to return it, even after repeatedly telling them that I did not currently drive. Three separate supervisors told me the same thing, except the last one, he called me a liar and said that they never mail the actual labels out, I said, "Well why don't you just listen to those calls, I mean it says right at the beginning of the call that it will be recorded for training and quality assurance, or something to that effect, and listen to YOUR EMPLOYEES PROVE EVERYTHING I JUST TOLD YOU!"

I have been a Comcast/Xfinity customer since 2009 and never such a nightmare like this happen.

So now I am stuck paying full price for the phone even tho Samsung has dropped the price by $800 while Xfinity made no change.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

Same, been dealing with this since June 2023. Super frustrating. 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Same thing happened to me 

2 Messages

Did you ever get yours?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, user_hjcgdm, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account! We would be happy to assist you with your account. Have you already been in contact with our Xfinity Mobile Team regarding the gift card?

1 Message

1 month ago

looking for my gift card 100,00

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey, @user_ddv0mq! Thanks for leaving a comment with your similar concern. You may track the status of your incentive, here. And if you run into any issues, you are welcome to contact our dedicated rewards team at 1-833-269-9036 Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM CST, or send a message online (see message button within the above link). Let us know if you have any trouble reaching them!

3 Messages

15 days ago

SAME THING happened to me!!! I demand an answer. 

3 Messages

15 days ago

Did anyone ever get theirs?! It's been TWO YEARS for me, and I even moved with their services. I'm expecting an email and I will be switching to another company if Xfinity won't fulfill their promises....

They ALSO took away nearly $100 of credits I earned for so many issues. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

vpatterson13 Thanks for posting on our community forums. Did you check the gift card status HERE? Does it say it was delivered or is it still in process? 

Contributor

• 

160 Messages

15 days ago

The same thing happened to me, and I went through a nightmare before it finally got resolved. Fill out the form in the link I'm posting… somebody will get back to you and if you're lucky enough, it'll be the wonderful lady who helped me. She is amazing. I never got the $100 gift card because it had been over a year (even though I had been calling constantly and had screenshots proving they were trying to screw me over), but I did get a credit for 100 bucks on my bill and I took it. I just used the hundred bucks. I saved on my bill as the gift card. :) https://www.xfinity.com/nod/form

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here