U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 9th, 2022 4:54 AM

Closed

Visual Voicemail Not Working for newly activated iPhone

My new iPhone 13 recently got activated by Xfinity Mobile (with same number ported from AT&T with my old iPhone SE), but the Visual Voicemail never shows up in the Phone app. Under the Voicemail tab, I can see "Call Voicemail" button, but there was no "Set Up Now" button.

I can click this "Call Voicemail" button (or dial *86) to set up Voicemail password and listen to voice messages; Voicemail seems to work just fine by dialing in. However, I can't see any caller numbers or any voice transcription. 

Now whenever I receive a voice message or exit from Voicemail, I would instantly receive an automatic text message, and they might be related to Verizon Wireless Visual Voicemail (VZWVVM):

"//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=7;c=1;t=v;s=1xxxxxxxxxx;dt=08/06/2022 14:17 -0700;l=4;dev_t=5" (I replaced phone number by xxxxx here)

"//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=MBU;dev_t=5"

I have spoken/chat with at least 4 Xfinity Mobile customer service members and spent many hours trying to figure out a solution; I followed their instructions like resetting network, turning my phone on/off, waiting, etc... But none of these methods worked. One person told me that even Tier 2 support could not solve my problem as Visual Voicemail has been disabled somehow.

Now I have to guess some settings during the porting process from AT&T to Xfinity were not correctly configured in the backend. Please help!

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Problem finally solved: simply went to a nearby Xfinity store and made the Visual Voicemail work in just 15min!!! Apparently, the Xfinity store has direct phone access to high-level tech support. Won’t waste time making my own calls or chatting online again!

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

I'm happy to hear things were resolved @user_07e8e8 For future reference, issues with visual voicemail would go to an advanced repair team with Xfinity Mobile. They can be reached by calling 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at (Xfinity Assistant)[https://comca.st/3xBSoea] where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Go to the store is the correct answer. Never call 1-888934-4968 unless you don't mind permanently losing your visual voice-mail. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been on the phone and chatting with support for so many hours trying to fix this issue with no luck. It’s definitely one of the most frustrating experiences I’ve had with any customer service from any company. Xfinity needs to do better. I’m going to the store next wish me luck.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

It doesn't have anything to do with porting your number. Did Xfinity give you a new number?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

Homage, Touche'! You got it right. So how many in total did you spend on the phone getting no solution? I hold the record for wasted hours on phone with support/tech/first team/advanced team. I wish they could just be honest. It's okay to not know.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I couldn’t even keep up with the hours. I know it was multiple hour calls broken up over 1-2 months total. In between calls I had to take long breaks and give up on a solution  just to retain my sanity. Luckily I was finally able to get the visual voicemail issue corrected.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Looks like I have to go to the store as well. Three calls to support, passed around multiple times... assured each time "there is a background job running and it will be done this evening." Only to have this never once be resolved. How is this still a recurring issue? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_9bb7be. If you don't get results from the store or our chat team through Xfinity assistant, please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue! I’ve tried everything to figure out the voicemail issue and nothing is working for me. People who call me tell me they aren’t able to leave a voicemail message, [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I switched from Verizon and I have the exact issue.

I have been on with tier 2 support for hours with nothing accomplished.

Somebody help!!!!!!! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I switched from Verizon and have the exact issue.

I've spoked with tier 2 support for hours with nothing accomplished.

Somebody help!!!!!! 

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_5358ad Did you have any luck stopping by your local Xfinity service center?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

Old post being closed. It was solved and explained by the original poster.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here