U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 21st, 2022 10:38 PM

Closed

Phone randomly loses cellular service

My mom and I switched to xfinity a few years ago and for the past few months she’s been experiencing issues where she’ll occasionally lose all cell service for no apparent reason. She’ll drop to 0 bars, sometimes even in the middle of phone calls, and be completely disconnected. Sometimes it reconnects after a minute, sometimes she has to reset her phone, and sometimes it just lasts for hours with no changes. She works from home with telemedicine so this is a HUUUUUUUUGE issue for her.

Things we’ve done:

- contacted xfinity support multiple times, no help. No one knew what the issue was and no solutions they offered helped

- gone to the xfinity store multiple times, no help

- upgraded her phone. She’s gone from a Samsung S8 to a Samsung A52 to a Motorola 5g and all of them have the same issue

- replaced the SIM card. She’s replaced the SIM card multiple times for each phone and got a new one for each new phone, and all of them have this issue

- upgraded our router. We used to have this gray box but now we have the white Xfy or whatever it’s called and the issue still happens

- replaced the router. After the issue happened again with the new router, we brought it in to the xfinity store and got a new one and the issue still happens

- moved the router. Originally both she and the router were on the ground floor but she had the issue. Then we moved the router upstairs and still got the issue. Now she’s also upstairs with the router in her office a few feet from her desk and still has this issue

- turned on wifi calling. Wifi usually works but calls still get cut off randomly when talking to patients

- upgraded to unlimited data. I also changed the setting to use data to enhance wifi when the service was slow in case this could help wifi calling (and not charge us so much) but nope, still get the issue

- checked for service outages in the area. Sometimes there have been outages for other services, but sometimes there aren’t any outages and even when there are, my phone works perfectly fine but not hers

Can we get any help with this? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any chance of a refund????? We’ve done all of the generic support steps and NOTHING WORKS!!!! What’s going on????

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello user_917dc7, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write us here in regard to moms phone. We would love to help you get her issue resolved. For further assistance please reach out directly to Xfinity Mobile team. The expert mobile team can be reached at 1-888-936-4968. They are available 24 hours/day, seven days/week. You can also reach out using this link https://comca.st/3CKnZdO. Scroll down to the bottom of the support page and click "Ask Xfinity". If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ We have done this already, several times. It’s been no help.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have an iPhone XR and started having the same issue after upgrading to iOS 16. I have to do a network reset in order to get back the connectivity. After the last network reset, I did not turn on the Wi-Fi calling and  so far so good. The issue is that I need Wi-Fi calling because the cellular reception at my house is super weak. 
On my phone it says xfinity Wi-Fi calling so my thinking right now is that the WiFi calling causes this issue. 
Will update if i lose network connectivity even without Wi-Fi calling being turned on. If this workaround works then xfinity team needs to look into the WiFi calling code. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@AAAA1339​ 

I lost my network connectivity again today :(. SOS showed up again on my iPhone XR. Called Xfinity mobile customer service and he said that after I upgraded my iOS my service features was not updated and he basically pushed the updated services to my phone. I then rebooted the phone and I got 2 bars on the phone :)

Hopefully this is the permanent fix. He also told me that Wi-Fi calling was not the issue.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Is this fix still working for you?

Problem Solver

• 

755 Messages

2 years ago

WiFi Calling Possible Problem

If you move around your house or away from you house and your phone hands off from one WiFi network name (SSID) to another WiFi network name (SSID), could be a neighbor’s SSID, it may drop a call. If you have a newer router with both 2.4 and 5 GHz activated on the same SSID, not necessarily a good idea for a phone, your call may drop if your phone is handed off from one to the other as you get further or closer to your router. 

Probable Fix

1.) Make sure that your phone is not handing off from one SSID to another SSID by turning off all automatic connections to any other nearby WiFi networks. You may have to “forget” some networks that you connected to previously. 
2.) Reconfigure your router SSID to only use either 2.4 or 5 GHz, not both. Newer routers may have automatically been set to use both which is great for desktops and laptops, but not for WiFi Calling on phones. If you need the extra range use 2.4 GHz. 

WiFi Calling requires a strong and consistent signal!

Good Luck. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have all the same issues and have tried all the same troubleshooting never had any issues up until a few months ago started out of nowhere.. costumer service is a joke, they are useless and seems they know less than I do... going to try the suggestions of dave03 below🤞 . Will probably change carriers if that doesn't help.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_4effb2​ Same problems here with both iPhone and android

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Has this issues been resolved. I’m having the same issues. In areas where I had service in the past I now have none. Where I should she bars of service what I see is SOS. When I do have bar that say 4G or LTE, forget about it, it might as well show the SOS message because I can’t make a call, get online, or even send a picture message. Why has my service degraded so drastically over the past month? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_a08693. We definitley want to make sure your service is working correctly. This issue needs to be looked into by our support team at 1 (888) 936-4968.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My phone is not even usable as a phone. If the calls go through they are either dropped or if I move my head an inch they cannot hear me or I am robotic and then calls are dropped. I have a Google Pixel Pro 7 since end of November 2022 and have had a Samsung previously with xfinity and had decent service/reception but it is horrible now. I have spent hours with customer service and they are horrible and do not help at all. Two separate times they said they would send a new sim card and neither one even sent it as the next customer support person informed me there were no  sim orders placed by their CS/tech agents. After reading this forum, it appears a sim card wouldn't have helped anyway, but it's the xfinity network that is subpar.

• I have it switched on wifi calling- still doesn't work.
  • I've disabled 5g and 2g, still no help
  • Have reset phone and network 2x with tech, no change.
  • There has been no water or other damage to my phone

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_189ea2Hey there, thanks for being part of our XFINITY Mobile family. We'd love to help, but we don't have access to XFINITY Mobile accounts via social media, I do apologize.

We would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods:

• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Our XFINITY Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@user_189ea2​ It's network support that's subpar. They don't want to support phones that they don't sell.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ Your response is not helpful at all. Which is why everyone keeps posting that they still have the same problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem here, I have iPhone XS Max and have called twice in the last two weeks to resolve and nothing helped. When I was traveling to Oregon it took 20  mins to get out of SOS, I couldn't do anything with the phone. When I go to the office I have to make sure I have wifi on or I don't get any notifications or calls, I have no bars just wifi, if I turn off wifi I get SOS only. They have "reprovisioned" and reset network and now I've gone to the Xfinity store and they put in a new sim card but today I am getting the SOS if not on wifi. I never had this issue when I was with Verizon, seriously considering change back to Verizon - I was lied to when I signed up for Xfinity mobile, I was told this is a better carrier because they own the Verizon towers and I would have better service. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi, @user_9390ab I appreciate the time you are taking out of your day to discuss your Xfinity Mobile concerns with us. I do want to make sure you speak with an Xfinity expert so that you can get your concerns addressed. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?-Richard

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ Your response is not helpful as everyone on. This thread has tried to get an answer from xfinity and has not done so.

Contributor

• 

156 Messages

1 year ago

My post was lost in the sign in process I guess... one more try

I am having something very similar to this issue on my iPhone8.   Much of the time outside of the home now, I see "No Service" or 0 bars of service but still have the Xfinity name.  I have never had any sort of reception issues up until now.  

A second issue that has showed up at basically the same time as this is I will see full bars cell signal and any data related thing I try to access gets a message "Could not activate the cellular network"

I havent had any updates to the phone iOS wise so this appears to be some sort of change on the network side with Xfinity and/or Verizon

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@HD-Tech​ Same issue in Miami with a Galaxy s20+.

Even with bars, no data. keep getting NO internet connection and occasionally the Could not activate the cellular network".

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@HD-Tech  I'm sorry to hear of the issues with Mobile. Have you already reached out to them via one of the following methods? 
 • SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
 • Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_c651d6 Thank you for reaching and bringing this to our attention. You may reach our super smart Xfinity Mobile team directly for the best assistance using any of the below methods.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@CCShan​ Everyone here has already reached out, and no solution has been found

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Repeated fails to access Xfinity network started today after a week of service with Samsung A22. Phone displayed "not registered on network". This problem has persisted after hours on phone multiple times with Xfinity service. For the last hour calls have worked but not SMS. What's going at Xfinity network switches? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@Unflexible​ This phone is "international"  A22 with only GSM service (no CDMA like Verizon/Xfinity) so is not going to work on Xfinity (consistently). I don't know why it worked for talk at all. I shouldn't have had to figure this out.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I am having this same issue and don't like it one bit because my daughter lives in NY and I prefer she has signal and is able to call/text in case of an emergency. I'm wondering if it's an issue with Xfinity using Verizon's network. Maybe Verizon's customers come first and if there's no signal left for Xfinity customers, they lose it. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same problem with my IPhone 12 Pro Max that I purchased from Xfinity Mobile, seemed to have started shortly after paying it off, Best signal I ever get now is 2 bars (usually more like 1 bar most of the time). I think they are doing this to force you to buy a new phone from them with the worst pricing of any carrier, they never have any decent phone offers or any buy one get one free offers like most major carriers have and do

:( plus seems like there data has always been slow

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_680ab3 Hi there, thank you for reaching out about your Mobile Service. You may reach our super smart Xfinity Mobile team directly for the best assistance using any of the below methods.

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

There are hundreds of customers with the same issues. I just started having the same issue.

Xfinity doesn't seem to have an answer, acknowledge a problem, or be willing to investigate further. It may be time to consider legal action. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_52e4be I appreciate the time you are taking out of your day to discuss your Xfinity Mobile concerns with us. I do want to make sure you speak with an Xfinity expert so that you can get your concerns addressed. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account-specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ Everyone here has reached out, and xfinity has failed to provide a solution to the problem. The customer service at xfinity is 0 helpful.

Contributor

• 

156 Messages

1 year ago

I have posted in this thread and have some updates to share.

I was starting to have 0 or 1 bar of service quite often.  Then a billing issue on top of that.  So I called in and the billing issue needed a 2nd level support to resolve.  While working with this agent - who seemed like he was actually on top of things - I complained about basically having no service most of time, noting that these are services areas that used to never have problems.

This agent said the problem was I was on a 'Gen2' billing plan which was the $12/GB.  He said upgrading to a 'Gen4' plan would fix this signal issue.  Gen4 was the $30/3GB plan.  Initially after the change I did feel like it was improved.  But its not been consistent.  I still get the 0 to 1 bar and the dreaded "cannot activate cellular network" with 3 or 4 bars. 

What does seem to help is to turn of Wifi and reboot.  I immediately come back with more signal than before the reboot and the signal is legitimately there for voice & data. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue on my phone as well as my son's phone. I have a Samsung and he has an IPhone 14. The only way we can make calls is on WiFi calling at home. If we leave home, we will not be able to make calls for about 20 minutes or until we are out of the area closer to our home. This is insane and no XM does not have an answer. I have called 3 times. The only thing they keep saying is it will be fixed in 24 hours. I was going to stay with them until this happened. I am going over to Verizon on my line. XM does not have any answers. I am all for the legal actions here. I really feel like I am being ripped especially since this issue is happening on both phones at the same time..."NO INTERNET CONNECTION". We have reset the network settings, rebooted the phone, etc. Something is not right. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @Williafe1, thanks for reaching out for help with your mobile device. I know exactly how frusterating it is to drop calls and have no access to your phone services, and I'm sorry to hear that has been your experience. We want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. However, due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited over this platform. Currently, we're unable to perform any device or account specific requests. 

By chance have you tried resetting the network setting in the device? If you are unsure how to do this, we have a helpful page here: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/device-troubleshooting, that will walk you though the steps on how to do this for each device. Just select your device manufacturer form the list, pick the model, then scroll down to "Reset Network Setting" 

If this does not work, my best recommendation would be to continue working with the mobile team to see what could be causing the issue. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ Your response is not helpful as your tips have been tried by everyone on this thread and have not worked.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Me too! My phone went into SOS mode the other day and it was really scary being unable to call family members to let them know I was ok. I live out of state on my own, and not being able to call or text someone, especially since I'm a young woman, is extremely dangerous. I hate Xfinity with a passion. My phone has essentially been messed up since 2021, [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. I used to get at least 10 spam calls a day, but since I worked in sales at the time, I had to pick up every time in case it was important. I've talked to the [Edited: "Inflammatory"] reps multiple times [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Some things never change!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here