U

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 9:48 PM

Closed

No benefit to remaining loyal to Xfinity

I have kept my family on Xfinity cable and internet for the past 20 years, yet I have never received any benefit from them for doing so. I even recently moved our four iPhones over to Xfinity mobile, and while I received a one year temporary discount that every “new” customer received, Xfinity now fails to provide my family with any breaks in upgrading our iPhones while Verizon continually offers $10-$15 off per device per month. Xfinity’s onsite team can’t even answer basic questions about financing new devices.

[Edited: "Solicitation"]. Xfinity makes no effort to retain even their most loyal customers. We will be switching our mobile and now internet  to Verizon.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

9 months ago

Hey there, @user_sgxldk thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your account. We truly appreciate you being a member of the Xfinity family for 20 years! We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer. I would be happy to take a look at your account to help with finding you a new internet promotion. You can also reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Team and they are experts who can help with ensuring you have the best value for your Xfinity Mobile devices. You can reach them at, 

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

1 Message

8 months ago

I'm so disappointed by how little Xfinity seems to currently care about retaining their customers. I've been a loyal customer for close to 20 years. As everyone else I know has given up on Xfinity for cheaper options, I've stayed with them. Over the last 14 years, I've bundled Internet, TV and home phone with two-year contracts, and re-upped with them every time one expired.  And while my contract price continued to climb, the Loyalty dept at Xfinity always worked with me to come up with a new bundled package with the things I wanted/needed and kept the cost, while certainly not cheap, to something I could pay.

My current contract is set to expire this month (January), so I reached out just before Xmas to re-negotiate a reasonable deal. No more negotiation! I tried and tried, but to get anything close to even the same services, I was offered prices way out of my ballpark and no negotiating them down to keep this long-time customer happy, as they used to be willing to do. Apparently there is no more Loyalty Dept. Or maybe just no more customer loyalty. Xfinity - what happened?? I know you're a corporate company that needs to make money, but at least you gave this loyal customer the illusion that you cared about keeping my business enough to make it worth my while to stay with you. I've tried twice now on the phone, and hate to give up and move elsewhere like everyone else I know, but you're just not coming even close to making it worth my while to stay. So sad.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_wq8tun,

Thank you for contacting customer support through Xfinity Support. I hope you are doing well. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance reviewing any possible options that may be eligible for the account. 

If you could send our team a direct message with your full first/last name, and the service address associated with your account (Including the city, state, and zip code), I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the “Direct Message” icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon, then type or select "Xfinity Support". Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window and press Enter to send your message and initiate a live session.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

The new CEO of Comcast says [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  Take our pricing  or leave.  Customers are not top priority.  They raised prices and reduced products within bundles.   They are pushing customers to streaming and away from cable due to this bottom line strategy.  Its backfiring! 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

mem904, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We would be more than happy to assist you. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here