U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 6:55 AM

Closed

I was LIED TO 3 TIMES, YES Phone is Free (initial fee) LIE, 15GB data LIE, Total Bill Both Internet and Mobile $55/Mo LIE

I ASKED questions before leaving Sprint / T-Mobile after 28 years. I wanted a new phone. At first T-Mobile offered it at full price while giving the same phone away free to new customers as seen on TV. Then they offered to existing customers but you had to upgrade to expensive plan, way more than I needed.. OK I started looking to leave. When I called to transfer my phone number they offered me a S23 for $100 + trade-in. But it was too late. I decided to go with Xfinity who promised a deal TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, including "FREE PHONE", 15GB data and $25 internet. 

Me: "So the Samsung S23 phone is FREE (after $145.66) right?: Yes he said. He slipped later, mentioned some other low end phone. I reminded him Samsung S23 right. He said Oh yes.*

Me: "So $55 for both internet and phone ($25 + $30)"? Xfinity: Yes  

Me: "The phone is free right?" Yes; This  15GB data plan like AT&T?" Yes (I would NEVER sign up for 1GB, yes I now know I can change it but this was deception)

* This may be the issue, with the "free phone"? I asked over and over it was S23 and "free" and he assured me it was free. ASK THE SALESMAN...  I TOLD HIM WHY I LEFT T-MOBILE, not getting the phone I wanted a S23 for at discount or no charge (free like they were offering new customers). HE KNEW THAT WAS IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY MOTIVATION.... He deceived me. He said he was with T-Mobile for a long time, over 10 years? When he said $30 for the cell SERVICE that was phone payment making it seem like the plan fee, and left out cell data plan total price and it was only 1GB data.  HE NEVER SAID PHONE PAYMENT BECAUSE IT WAS FREE AFTER ALL.... He lied saying it was 15GB  data plan, when I said what AT&T was offering me. NEVER SAID 1GB.  Never mentioned two separate bills for internet & cell, I asked to confirm it over and over, this ($55) is total bill for both cell phone and home internet. I was blown away at how cheap.. Well it was deception.

BTW total price of phone is $865 by installment PAYMENTS. I WOULD NEVER BUY A PHONE THIS WAY... I have bought all my phones outright or they were free upgrades. . 

I am a very precise detailed oriented person, by degree and profession. I asked questions over and over and was assured. It was all lies. UNBELIVEABLE.  I am in shock. 

As far as the internet, it is only 75Mbs speed, I have me own modem...  $25 WAS A PROMOTION...  YOU ARE CHARGING $30... which is for 200 Mbs and LEASING a MODEM.... WHAT THE HECK ! 

I knew it sounded too good to be true,  WAY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....  I even said that to the sales man as I ASKED AGAIN to confirm. It was all lies. HOW CAN YOU DO BUSINESS LIKE THIS?

IT GETS BETTER (WORSE). 4 days before bill cycle, I check the App I just set up. TOTAL bill was $261 "so far". WHAT? Thinking I had 15GB I was not concerned with 11GB. Not sure why it was so high, I typically only use 1GB. I guess setting phone up and the Xfinity internet outage for 4 days added up.   I called Customer Service this morning to ask what this was... I had exceeded my 1GB plan. I was offered to pay $45 for unlimited data and it was adjusted to something like $61.66. I have YET TO SEE A STATEMENT breaking down charges. The $61.66 was not clear to me but I was exhausted at this point. So I ended call. However I later realized this 61.66 did not include the internet. 

Not having a detailed bill or statement yet I wondered if I'm being charged for the PHONE now?  Being charged two separate bills and needing TWO APPS to track it is confusing to a new customer. Yep confirmed I am being charged FULL PRICE FOR PHONE.. Ahaaaaaaa !!!

I will call Xfinity on tomorrow and Monday and send out smoke signals, If this does not get escalated and handled to my satisfaction, I WILL CANCEL and look at other action.. Not kidding I am pissed off. 

My next bill date June 3.  I will cancel my autopayment tomorrow. I will try and see if Xfinity responds. If not I'm OUT!   THIS IS LOOKING LIKE OUTRIGHT FRAUD. I know an attorney who does fraud and consumer law.  State DA, BBB, reviews, social media, will be my mission.   You have the voice recording of the conversations I had with sales on phone don't you? Make it right.

I have to reactivate T-Mobile phone FIRST to retain my phone number I have had for 30 YEARS, so I have a place to transfer number to. MORE WASTED TIME... I spent at least 20 hours switching internet and phone this last month, set them up.

Talked to Xfinity customer service, they will send me a label to return phone.  I want $145.66 refund, I wasted  $29 for case and screen protector.  Also if internet bill is not adjusted I will cancel that to. HONOR WHAT YOU AGREED TO. I can not trust Xfinity to do the right thing at this point... I am reasonable but not a door mat.

PS Called Customer Service twice about Visual Voice Mail and given bad info. One told me to download an obsolete App from Play Store. The other said Visual voice mail does not work with an Android Phone (S23). Both wrong. I was able to set up up (not sure if notifications working). However there was a wide spread Xfinity / Verizon CELL OUTAGE when trying to set up visual voice mail on Wi-Fi. I kept getting FAILED warning contact customer service. Once cell service was restored I set it up.  The level of frustration is through the roof... 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_4cf3ea and thank you for reaching out. I know if I was told one thing and got another I would be upset and frustrated too. That is never something we want you to feel from Xfinity. Our department is happy to help you with your residential service but when it comes to Xfinity Mobile our level of support is very limited. I know you have reached out already and made plans to call them again. You can even text at 888-936-4968 or chat: xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile 
Should you need help with your Xfinity home service please feel free to send us a direct message with your full name and complete address. 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@user_4cf3ea     This isn't the experience we want any customer to have. We are here for you on this thread if you do change your mind, and want to reach out to us. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

You should have noticed all the problems here before you jumped ship. 

Visitor

• 

27 Messages

1 year ago

Xfinity doesn't know how to be honest. I had a similar experience with the tv plan. They provided a out of date plan, now I don't get the channels they said I would.  They will upgrade my plan for $20 more, but wait, the offered the other plan with a total amount. They offered discounts by auto pay. It looked like a great deal until I looked at my current bill. It's nothing different, it's how they worded everything. Bait and switch!

1 Message

10 months ago

I’m on the phone with Xfinity Mobile now

They gave me a promotion for a free phone and free service with a new number 

They charged me once  for service and told me they’ll make it right 

Today, I’ve been charged again

I am now being told that there is no more promotion and to send back the phone

How is that making it right?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here