U

Monday, August 14th, 2023 10:01 PM

Closed

Galaxy Watch 6 Classic BYOD

Just tried to activate my galaxy watch 6 classic purchased from Samsung in store and over the phone and was told it is incompatable for LTE despite it being the exact watch sold at xfinity.

I was told it is due to the watch having to be purchased from xfinity directly. 

I offered to buy it from them if they matched the price I got from Samsung and they said they were unable to.

After a long wait for Samsung watch LTE support, this is beyond disappointing. 

Is there any resolution to this issue expected withing the next few weeks or months?

3 Messages

1 year ago

Had the same issue. They did not tell me I had to buy direct from them though. Why even have the option of BYOD!!!

8 Messages

@user_c9d762​ they said something about xfinity needing to be the ones to sell it so all the imei numbers are accounted manually loaded in the system or something. Doesn't sound like a good excuse to me. And it's not like they make this clear anywhere.

3 Messages

1 year ago

Also the rep asked for me to fill out a form with my social and birthdate. Absolutely unnecessary and sketchy. 

(edited)

8 Messages

@user_c9d762​ I've had the same experience. They ask for crazy personal info just to ask basic questions.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_26af04, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums about your watch. Looking at our list of compatible devices for BYOD, the Galaxy Watch6 Classic (GPS + Cellular) version is eligible. Is the device it is paired to running Android 6.0 or higher and does it also have 1.5 GB of RAM or higher?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ hi Nicolas. Thank you for replying. Correct. It is paired to a galaxy s23 ultra. The people I talked to in store and on the phone said it was ineligible just based of the imei number. 

8 Messages

I also tried setting up the service through my s23 ultra through the Samsung wearable app but it also said it was incompatable. Which is what prompted me to call customer service, and then visit in store where I was told the same thing because of the IMEI of my galaxy 6 classic

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Have you tried to reach out to the Xfinity Mobile Team already? They'll definitely have some better answers for you and should be able to help you sort everything out. 

You can contact our Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods:
• SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968
• Chat:  https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

I'm a little late to the party but I had no issue pairing my samsung 6 watch with my xfinity mobile plan

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here