U

Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 1:40 PM

Closed

Comcast email not syncing

Both Samsung s21 plus 5G not syncing with Comcast email but Gmail is ok. Is it Comcast mess up? Help!!

1 Message

11 months ago

Xfinity email not syncing on one of my Xfinity email accounts. The other account works fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_lm6pm5, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution as quickly as possible.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

i am having the same issue.  Please fix.  Major inconvenience

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_5b8417

We implemented a fix for customers who may be experiencing issues accessing or sending / receiving their Xfinity email on Samsung Galaxy devices through the Android OS Email app. However, the fix does require users to reauthenticate their Xfinity Email account—which requires that the account be deleted from the Email app and then added it back. We appreciate your patience as we worked to identify the issue and understand this fix may be frustrating. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

To delete you Xfinity Email account, please:

1. Open the Email app on your Samsung device. If you cannot find the app, swipe upward on your Home screen, then search for "email."
  2. Enter your login information, if prompted. Note: If this happens, you may stop here; the issue should be clear now. If not, continue on.
  3. Tap on the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner of the screen.
  4. Tap on the gear icon (Settings) in the upper right corner.
  5. Tap on the Xfinity Email account. The email accounts will appear at the top of the Accounts list.
  6. Tap "Remove" located in the upper right corner.
  7. Tap "Remove" in the pop-up window to confirm that you want to remove your Xfinity Email account.

The email account should no longer appear in the Email app. At this point, you may be automatically prompted to Set up email.

If you’re prompted to Set up email, please:

1. Choose “Other”.
  2. Type in your Xfinity Email address and password.
  3. Follow the prompts to authenticate through Xfinity.

You can also find instructions on adding email accounts at Samsung.com.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

I have the same problem. If you are having the same account problem on your laptop and your cell phone, you can go into account settings on your laptop and either re-enter your pssord or if the option is evqlabler, pusdh th Repair button. Your laptop dn cell should both go back online. In my case now, I fixed the laptop but the cell phone still will not synch.

2 Messages

@gharned​ only on cellphone. I'm really fed up! I uninstalled and reinstalled comcast 3 times and worked for a little while then didn't. 

1 Message

same problem for me. have reinstalled multiple times, works for a bit, and then won't sync again...can't find the server?

Official Employee

• 

946 Messages

Hello @user_4cde4c ! Sorry for the inconvenience! We are aware of this issue and working on a fix. 

7 Messages

11 months ago

The problem appears to be with the Samsung mail app on the Samsung cellphones.  I added my Comcast email address and password to my gmail app on my phone and my Comcast emails synchronized immediately.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

I'm having the same issue it started yesterday and hasn't been resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @Honeybrown08204 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. Are you still seeing an issue with your email? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here