U

19 Messages

Thursday, May 9th, 2024 7:57 PM

By the gig price increase

I am extremely disappointed about the 65% increase in the cost of by the gig phone service. From $12 to $20. In the past few weeks I have been assured by Xfinity representatives, both by phone and by chat, that I would be grandfathered to the $12 rate. Apparently these were lies. Just checked my next bill and was the $20. Got a credit for the month of $8 and again assured I will be grandfathered. Very hard to take the representatives at their word when has not been truthful in the past. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

22 days ago

user_5ltf3s - Our team would be happy to help review the billing and answer and questions you may have. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

19 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ 

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_5ltf3s - As a friendly heads up please avoid posting personal info on our Forums. our team can help. Can you please follow these steps to send us a message? Iit will begin a private chat with us to take a closer look together. 

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

19 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ 

As requested

[Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

19 Messages

Tried to follow the quideline and could not. How do I send a secure message ?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_5ltf3s - Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

21 days ago

Exactly the same experience I had!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi there @BobbySevenSevenSeven. I appreciate you taking time out of your day and want to ensure you’re able to get in touch with an awesome Xfinity Mobile expert to help get this resolved. Due to account security, our options with Xfinity Mobile accounts are very limited. We're unable to perform any device or account specific requests over this platform. Have you tried calling or texting 1 (888) 936-4968, or reached out to our secure online chat at xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/?channel=xMobile where an Xfinity Mobile expert is available 24/7?

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

7 days ago

There has been confusion among XM CSRs regarding applicability of the rate increase this year.  The policy, as contained in Comcast's Mobile Broadband Disclosures, has been to grandfather the rates ($12 or $15) established for previous generations of By-the-Gig users so long as the service on those accounts remains uninterrupted and unchanged.  However, the most recent increase to $20 per GB is being assessed systematically on ALL users despite the fact that the updated published disclosures continue to specify grandfathering established users' rates.  This was confirmed to me by a rep in the XM Executive Resolutions department.

Comcast has every right to change their policies from time to time, but they owe it to the public to be upfront about those policies.

FWIW, I have filed an FCC complaint asking that Comcast be compelled to adhere to their published disclosures or else amend those disclosures to reflect current policy.

Problem Solver

• 

407 Messages

@chi_guy501 The reason for the confusion is because Xfinity Mobile chose to leave old outdated information in the disclosure. However, if you look at the last bullet under the By the Gig section, it does state;

• Effective March 22, 2024, By-the-Gig data will be sold in 1 GB increments at $20 per GB. New and existing customers who elect to add lines to their plan will be charged a one-time $25 per line set-up fee.

This essentially covers it. However, it could have been worded better, and the old outdated info stripped from the disclosure.

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

@DreamSayerZ​ 

No, you are reading the disclosures incorrectly.  In fact, that reference to the rate increase to $20 as of 22 March 2024 confirms that the grandfathering shown in the previous sections is current.

The three sections under "By the Gig" in the disclosures show the tiering of rates at $12, $15, and $20 depending on when the service was established (provided said service remains uninterrupted and unchanged).

There can be no ambiguity unless you choose to totally disregard the first two sections.

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

5 days ago

My rep in the XM Executive Resolutions department called me back again today to let me know that the higher-ups had acknowledged the disconnect between the current By-the-Gig (BtG) billing practices and the grandfathering policy contained in the up-to-date Xfinity Mobile Broadband Disclosures (and as exercised heretofore).  He said that "something" (I presume amending the disclosures) would be done about it.  He also offered me compensation for the confusion.

Separately, the FCC informed me that my complaint has been forwarded to the provider and that I should be hearing back shortly from Comcast in response.

On the positive side, it should be noted that the 5th Gen BtG pricing (as I understand it) is a little more generous than previous plans insofar as the charge for an additional GB of data is not incurred until the user reaches the threshold of 200MB overage.  Previously the charge for the next GB was levied for the first byte of additional data. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here