U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, October 11th, 2022 5:57 AM

Closed

suddenly almost no hgtv shows are available on demand without a subscription?

until yeste3rday I have no trouble with accessing shows like house hunters international or island renovation. but last night i was hit with more comcast [Edited: "Language"] trying to get more money. it said "subscription Needed" or discovery+. well I made the mistake of trying discovery+. I would have been billed twice. it was a person at discovery+ who helped me find a way to cancel this mess. i tried an on line chat with 3 different people (their doing) but not one of them had a clue. Huge waste of time. They all wanted to look through my account. I said why? almost anyone who has Comcast (i refuse to use their really stupid name that sounds like my cat throwing up a big hairball) has the hgtv channel. why doesn't comcast have a searchable database for queries about stuff like this? I really am ticked off that i pay an outrageous monthly bill for very little content. Oh, I know y'all advertise 5,000 channels but that's because 3 of the same station being on 3 different channels with identical programming. and those lets spend more money home shows. then the religious shows which are great for those who want it but why dump it in...oh yeah. so you can advertise how we get all those channels. why is it now almost nothing is available on demand? and forget peacock. it offers stuff mostly I have no interest in and not many episodes of regular tv shows. another "perk" that is empty air. I do not watch movies. I would like however to watch channels I ALREADY PAY FOR. I bet the standard comcast reply will be to blame hgtv and other networks or discovery+ as if they have zero ability through the megabillion's of our dollars we pay for all of these empty perks. But hey, they started the rewards program. what rewards exactly? the only ne i saw was to enter a contest for a very tiny chance of getting concert tickets to something somewhere. It will not surprise me one bit in the next few months if we see YOU MUST HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION TO RECORD ANY IOF THOSE [Edited: "Language"] 5000 CHANNELS ON YOUR NoN-EXISTENT DVR. and to top it all off so far there have been 3 different days with a total loss of service which is zero internet, zero cell phone service and zero tv shows. this is why the non-existent dvr which is actually more likely cloud storage, can not be accessed. the services were out nearly 24 hours each time. What good is your 5g network when I have zero anything during these outages? where is my credit for services we did not receive?

But the fact that 3 different chat people had no idea what I was trying to find information on, had a clue what i was speaking about. then to waste more of my time the 1st rep suddenly disconnected his chat and sent me off to someone else. this person asked to give her a few minutes to read what I had questions about but it became abundantly clear she had not read one word as she asked me again what was i needing. the person before her had not one clue. i know these poor folks are just trying to do the best they can and are given scripts to read. I try to let them know i have no issue with them but why did not one of these 3 have any idea of what this fee is nor how they could find out. The 2nd person ended up transferring me without warning because she was stationed i central US and i live in the western division. So again with no warning she disconnected and i see a 3rd person come in the que for me. So I gave up  . a) why is there no central database about these major changes to a service like on demand being turned into a revenue stream and b) why is there nothing about this on your web page?  and 3) why do we not get a choice between having a physical dvr that we could watch when your service is out? At least we could access programming we recorded. Sling tv is looking better and better.

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hello. Thank you for responding. I had success last night! I decided to try one more time doing an on line chat. I'm glad I did. Unfortunately, I did not write down the employee's name. I was very skeptical that this time would be different. Then he disconnected my router! I was nit happy. But after I rebooted the little Comcast box thing (sorry I don't remember what you call it) the router had already reconnected.. Then I couldn't get him back on the chat so I was really irritated. But I decided to see if his solution had worked... IT DID! I'm not kidding when I say I felt like I won the lottery. I hope there may be some way you could identify this customer service employee. He hung in there and actually knew what he was doing. I just do not have time to sit and watch a lot. It's here & there during the day. But about 1 am or so is when I finally can sit & have my dinner & watch one of these shows with no murder or mayhem. No big philosophical choices. Just some easy entertainment and information. So to not have this was, too me, a very big deal. All I could see was a money grab. I'm so glad I was wrong. And now I know what to do. Over all Comcast has been OK. Until this year. The first 2 total service blackouts that each lasted nearly 24 hours was just something to deal with. But no Sara on my phone and the 1st blackout, I had called to try to find out why even my cell service was blacked out. Someone I spoke with took it upon themselves to then disconnect my cell service completely. So another phone call. Very irritating. The 3rd total blackout was recent and planned it seems. Another time frame that came close to 12+ hours. But these were the 1st times I've ever had your services go down completely. 

I get so irritated when people do nit read shat I type as I try to be specific. Then to have to repeat myself over & over to the same person is just intolerable. Then to have my chat disconnected just to see I was being handed off to another person. This person would say they were going to read previous texts with the previous person. But it quickly becomes clear this person did not read one word. This of course led to retyping and retyping the issue. I wish with all of the prepared platitudes you have your customer service people repeat somewhere you teach them to read & comprehend. I realize, since it is obvious your company has chosen to outsource your customer service center, English is most likely a 2nd language which influences the difficulty in communication. It would be really nice if big telecom companies, who reaped billions intax savings because of the corrupt republican congress when the former guy who lost his reelection and was the biggest grifter of them all and they pushed that massive tax present to all of you.. It would be nice if you actually used that money to hire American workers based in America. This might cut down on some of these issues. But credit to the guy who actually did know what to do last night. And, your customer service is still better than AT&T has ever been which is why I now have all 3 devices with you.

I really hope at some point Comcast (the name xfinity to me is just dumb & sounds like my cat throwing up as I've said before) I hope you offer services that are not filled with so much junk. Why do you have the exact same channels (like HGTV, ABC, etc) triplicated? I know one set are considered non HD. But it is more likely you can advertise all these channels. I wish you would offer a basic package for a reasonable (like $40) cost that includes our local.. All local.. Channels including over the air only. Then basic cable channels like HGTV & food network for the basic tier. Then for a modest increase say $10 we could pick out an additional 10 or 20 channels that are important to us. Then those premium channels or say a second language package would be so much more valuable. It's just something that for people like me, will be an important factor going forward. I pay a lot if money to have such a bloated package it makes me irritated from the start.

All that is just what feeds into my level of incredible frustration when there is a problem it makes me want to pull the cable from all boxes.

But for now I am very happy again. I am thankful I found what may be the only customer service person who actually did know what to do and got it fixed. Yay!

Thank you again for responding. Hopefully things will be OK for awhile. But please invest some of those money gifts from that republican group of clowns that actually got paid for by people like me  and do a better job of training people. It is incredibly irritating to read (or hear) the same baseless platitudes then have the person just dump a person to someone else with no warning. I do n I t understand why such basic tenants of good customer relations has been thrown away by these big corporations. I suspect it has a lot to do with a lack of competition. I apologize for my digressions and trying to put in my $2 worth. (inflation you know). It is a character flaw I embrace. Again, I am just happy I have my choices back again. And it goes a long way to making other things better. Now if I could have some success with the solar production company I got entangled with. They make even AT&T look pretty good which is a pretty hard thing to do.

Thank you again. I will read this more thoroughly after the Jan 6 hearings being aired. Lock them all up. 😜

Nora 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

I am glad to hear that everything is working again as it should! We will most definitley forward your feedback to which can help the overall customer experience and also the suggestions you presented in our channel line up.

On a side note, did you happen to get the credit you were inquiring about? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinitySelena​ i am not sure to tell you the truth. I have been having an ongoing battle with my solar provider. sunrun. what a joke. At least comcast actually responds and tries to fix things. I think this is why i just about had a melt down between not getting any one who knew why i suddenly could not access the shows on demand...until the last young man. I really wish i had his name. He fixed it and its still fixed. Yay. It took a complete reboot of not only the router/modem but also the little box thing. Sorry. I usually know the actual names of stuff. But it's after 1am again and i still need dinner. Anyway, Im not so concerned with the credit but i will check. Thanks for following up. I still am happy I dumped at&t  completely after so many decades. Overall this has been a good choice for me. It would be better though with a more a la carte sort of choice. I think a lot of people would really like to be able to have a smaller base package then if say you want added channels there could be for an additonal small increase you could get 10, 20 whatever and of course those premium channels. I never got to go to the movies when I was a kid so it is not something i would chose. Anyway, things are good now. and i have to say i do like the text message letting me know that your end is aware of an outage and expected finish time. But when it is a total blackout of all services i can't go online to see what is happening now can I? oh well. i am not as patient as i used to be. thank you again for following up.

good night.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_d51093,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and feedback. If anything happens to come up in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Xfinity Community Forums again. We are available 24/7 and always happy to help!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

I do want to thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to reach out through our Forums Channel. I can tell you have not had the best experience and I assure you I am here to do everything I can to turn this around. We appreciate your signing up to be a part of the Comcast family, and I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service.

Some things I do want to address that you mention that may be helpful for others as well:

Peacock service from NBC Universal, offer over 15,000 hours of content, with hundreds of television series and movies, as well as compelling live and On Demand content across news, sports, late night, and reality.

Xfinity Rewards, our customer appreciation program, offers a mix of special perks and unique experiences to thank our customers. Rewards vary depending on how long a customer’s been with us and include movie nights, Xfinity product discounts, sweepstakes entries, gift cards and more. Customers are always able to visit the Rewards site and redeem every reward for which they are eligible. Note that the dates these rewards are available vary, and not all are available for the entire month. This month’s highlights include:

• RESPAWN Gaming Set up Sweeps - Rewards members from all tiers can enter for a chance to win a RESPAWN 110 Pro Gaming Chair and RESPAWN 1063 Gaming Desk for the ultimate gaming setup!
  • Twitch $5 Code - All Rewards members can get a $5 Twitch gift card to purchase a Twitch channel subscription to support a favorite streamer or celebrate memorable moments in chat.
  • Bravo Below Deck Virtual Event - Members of all tiers can join this virtual meet and greet with Captain Lee and Frazier from Bravo's Below Deck on Wednesday, Oct. 26th at 7 p.m.
  • Early Access to Jill’s Steals and Deals - All members can get early access to Jill’s Steals and Deals on Oct. 25 and get huge savings on fan favorites for the home.
  • USSA - 2022 Birds of Prey Sweepstakes - All Rewards members can enter for a chance to win one of four VIP hospitality packages to the 2022 Xfinity Birds of Prey FIS World Cup event. Each prize includes three nights lodging, two VIP credentials, two VIP gift bags and three days of skiing for two guests at the 2022 Xfinity Birds of Prey event in Beaver Creek, CO.
  • Pumpkin Carving Templates - Available to all Rewards members for the month of October are fun, downloadable pumpkin carving templates.
  • Movies on Us -  Rewards members of all tiers who have Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex can get three different spooky-themed movies to keep on us during October.

With service interuptions we offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the My Account App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. Visit the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/account-management/credits/outage/details?client_id=helpandsupport&continue=https://www.xfinity.com/support/status&linkId=149261291 once resolved to apply for a credit. I would be happy to review your account for a credit as well for the time you were without services. 

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into all of your concerns for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here