ForrestS's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

Thursday, June 22nd, 2023 11:53 PM

Closed

Project Runway Season 20

My elderly mother loves Project Runway, but being 97, she often falls asleep to the live prime time airings.   So she complained to me that she couldn’t find the early episodes of the new Season 20 in legacy Comcast On Demand.

Sure enough, one gets nothing by TVShow-ByNetwork-Bravo-ProjectRunway, or TVShows-NthruP-ProjectRunway.  (OK, they show older seasons 17-19, but not 20.)

Remembering the days when I was a Comcast cable customer (am still Internet customer, and an authorized user for my mom’s cable TV account), I “typed” RUNWAY into the Search function.  There the two early season 20 episodes appeared, including the free versions.

Please make this easier for my mom, and create appropriate indices in the aforementioned standard navigation locations, so that I don’t have to do it for her.  (Search function logistics are too much for her, especially understanding the results.). Thank you…

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, thank you so much for the feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve our services and appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. I have X1 myself and can say it is definitely much easier to search for shows and movies. The Xfinity Voice remote makes this even easier. This link will include the details https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-search-using-the-search-bar.

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

1 year ago

Sadly, I doubt any improvements will be made to the legacy boxes since they're most likely phasing them out. We recently started getting emails warning us that our On Demand was going away and needed to upgrade our legacy box, so we did, and are slowly getting used to it (and being annoyed by it, of course).
One thing that MIGHT help in this search situation--when or IF you get free upgraded boxes--is to set the box to record only new episodes of that show (you can probably do it remotely). Then, your mom just needs to press the Xfinity button, select Saved, and select the show to see those episodes. 
I really miss the simplicity of the blue OnDemand menu, but if your Mom is comfortable using the voice remote, she might find (like we have) that's it's faster than the old way and not so bad.
I don't know what equipment she'd get, but on our XR-15 remote, we can also type the first few letters of a show (so like 7765 for "PROJ") and it will come up as a suggestion, so after that, much like the old On Demand menu, you can select the show, select the episode/season, and go from there.
Of course, it can be a lot to get used to, so I can understand wanting to hang on to those legacy boxes for as long as possible. GOOD LUCK!

FYI- I'm not sure if this link will work for you, but I just tested it, and it let me set a recording using my PC.
https://www.xfinity.com/stream/entity/8101892213754232112
Edit : In my response, I assumed that if you upgraded, you'd get DVR and a voice remote, but I guess it depends on the plan.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

1 year ago

Well thanks for the response.  I’ll need to use another thread to ask about the contradictory info we see between channel 1 (on demand) and channel 1995 (upgrade instructions) as to the need to upgrade.  (One indicated yes, one no.  Of course…)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

1 year ago

Comcast emailed me to accept this solution, whatever that is.  But we’ve yet to receive any bill saying we need to upgrade a box (maybe the next one will?), and the special channel indicates our box is good.  

So I understand Comcast trying to unify to a lesser number of platforms to simplify their corporate life longer term…but until they actually do that, we still pay hefty monthly $$ sums for the service(s) Comcast delivers.  Since they still deliver Legacy, I don’t see why they can’t do relatively quick & simple & easy things on Legacy when raised.  They don’t yet give us X1 menus for our supposedly good box (per channel 1995 test.)

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

866 Messages

Does the email list the steps that are being taken to resolve the issue such as ordering the new equipment? I definitely want to make sure we get this issue resolved for you and your mother! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

612 Messages

BrianH:  I didn’t keep the e-mail, but I think now it was just the boilerplate message issued from this forum to remind an originator to accept or reject a proposed solution.

The only other recent show she ever tries to bring up via On Demand is America’s Got Talent.  The current season of AGT *DOES* show up in standard Legacy navigation menus.  That means that the On Demand team ARE still supporting Legacy (as is only proper until it is officially retired per Comcast’s transition plans).  ==> It THUSLY means that my problem report has nothing to do with the larger transition plan…but rather is just an oversight error from the On Demand team in updating Legacy navigation menus for Project Runway S20.  Nothing more than that.

P.S.  We await what our next bill says, but the status provided in Comcast’s channel 1995 test indicates our box is good and not needing replacement.    We got it around April 2020, and discovered that our occasional recordings to DVD/VHS machine no longer worked as the prior one did.  (On playback the video would go wavy and the sound was not good.) So our current box may well be good now, but if so it is either a mystery or imperfect channel 1 menus showing the choice that declares “one of more” of our boxes needing replacement.   Again, channel 1995 says it is good.  Comcast’s messaging across these two channels are, literally, contradictory.  But we’ll see what happens down the road for this different issue having nothing to do with the current lack of Project Runway navigation menus for Legacy.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here