User_8bs01h's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, June 23rd, 2024 9:58 PM

Pluto.tv freezing

I've had such trouble with Pluto.tv (on demand) freezing, that I rarely bother trying it. E.g., last year, I tried watching a movie, but it froze after the first half hour. Randomly pressing buttons finally had it moving forward, but after 10 min., it froze again. Etc. I finally just finished watching it on Pluto's website with my computer--and it ran without freezing. I'd thought the problem was with the strength of my signal, but a couple days ago, I was visiting a friend in a different city, and we decided to watch a movie (Red River) on Pluto. After roughly 20 minutes, it froze on that set too. As it happened, Tubi was showing the same film in SD, so we switched to it.

Tubi and other services play without freezing on On Demand; Pluto.tv plays without freezing when viewed directly from its website. Is there something unusual about the way Comcast pulls in Pluto that makes it subject to glitches?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @User_8bs01h Thank you for taking the time out of your day to reach out to us regarding the trouble you are having with Pluto TV. The issue definitely does not sound like it is on Xfinity's side since your friend had the same issue. It's possible that their is an issue with the transmission that Xfinity receives from Pluto.-Richard

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thank you for your reply.

I had thought the problem was with the Pluto/Xfinity connection. (My friend also has Xfinity.) Since the Pluto transmission to my computer is steady, I'd also thought it more likely that the problem is in how Comcast is receiving it. Can Comcast adjust this?

The Pluto movie my friend and I were watching was in HD; Tubi, which we switched to, had the film in SD. If the problem with Pluto is its buffering, would offering its movies in SD provide a fix for now? Would that be an option for me--and others with this problem.

Pluto has one of the largest catalogues of free films available, but if they aren't watchable....

Thank you!

P.S. I have the XG1v4 box; my friend has the slow, standard box.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @User_8bs01h I love watching Pluto as well, they do have some really good movies! Have you tried clearing the Cache and Cookies from your Xfinity Box. You can go to https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-clear-cookies-and-local-data-storage which will walk you through the process on clearing the cache and cookies.-Richard

3 Messages

13 days ago

I get same problem. Can u tell me how, while watching Pluto on demand using Xfinity voice remote, one can rewind and f fwd (I see only pause and play options)?

3 Messages

Correction: I see slide bar on bottom, ostensibly for rewind and fast forward, but such trouble with freezing that it doesn't work. And it happened while trying to watch a '70s tv program so sd/hd not an issue.

Any solution to avoid freezing on Pluto on Xfinity tv using voice remote?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here