D

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, January 29th, 2022 12:59 AM

Closed

Paramount plus app not working with an X1 box

Hi there, tons of people including myself have issues with the Paramount Plus app streaming on Xfinity. Yes the actual streaming app, not the channel. We have a compatible box, but there is no way to upgrade the paramount+ app, and no way to delete it and re-download. Like everyone, it buffers too long as it's loading shows and it errors out, sometimes playing the show behind the error box. You have to try like 7 times before maybe it works. I have already tried logging in/out in the app settings, didn't work. I now am forced to use a fire stick to stream instead which is not convenient when we spend what we do for cable. Please provide working steps to get the latest version of the app and what is the latest version (the one we currently have is show 4.17.3 but the livestream app said it's in version 8! This must be old!

Why is there no way to update in the Paramount+ settings.) Also how can we just delete and re-install this app. It's not listed with Showtime, and other channels like that on my Xfinity account page, there is no link to the paramount+ app. Their website has no helpful info either except saying we must have an outdated version.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Why hasn't this been fixed yet, we just signed up for Paramount+ for 1883 as well and won't even load the paramount app before errors out and exits on its own. Restarted box, router etc multiple times still same errors and then find it's been a problem with the XG2 box for 5 months or more on these forums. Ridiculous that it's even offered on the boxes when they know it doesn’t work.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Branams​ I agree that this should not be offered.  Bait and switch, perhaps?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Branams- This is not the experience we want for anyone! It's important to us that you're able to enjoy your shows. May I ask what was the error code or message you were receiving? Was this issue happening when you had tried using the Paramount + website as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I really is a shame as I enjoy the shows on Paramount +.  Perhaps Xfinity is not making enough money hosting the app...

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Have the same issue. This is a joke 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hey there, @user_8b53df, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you are having issues with the app. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting as I know how frustrating that is when you are trying to stream. What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

There seems to be a big disconnect between Xfinity and Paramont plus app on Xfinity one boxes for what we pay. Xfinity should get off their hands in assisted customers. This is a joke.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I hope that I’m not going to jinx myself by saying this, it’s now working!

Maybe the problem has been fixed, or I’m temporarily lucky.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_afc93d​ I saw your comment and ran to my television to check, but it is working on my end as well! The app did not work correctly when I opened it from the Xfinity apps section, but if I selected the show/movie then chose Paramount+ in watch options, it loaded! Let me know if this is also how it worked for you. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Working for me but not through the apps but when I requested it by voice. Not taking a victory lap, seems like a funky workaround.

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

Hello there!I hope this message finds you well! I would love to look further into this Paramount+ issue at hand. Please follow the instructions below to send us a DM! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See  https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m tired of trying to watch shows on Paramount when I don’t have any trouble with any other app. It’s got to be something between Xfinity and Paramount. I keep reading the same responses from Xfinity representatives on this forum but nobody seems to have an answer. I’m gonna have to just cancel Xfinity and only use streaming from now on because I’m tired of paying $260 a month and not being able to watch something I pay for 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_cfb8cd Hello and thank you for letting us know you are having issues. I want to help in any way I can. May I ask how you are trying to use paramount plus? Are you connected on our X1 and using the paramount app on the cable box, or are you using the standalone paramount app? Also, what issues are you experiencing? -Abbie

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Living in Illinois and using the paramount + App with Xfinity and I pay for the app on top of others and bill. Costing over $260 a month and this app just buffers too long and freezes with errors all the time. Is anything ever going to be done about this. Or can I get a refund on this app purchase since the day I got it?

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

I am sorry that it's not working for you. I want to make sure I am understanding, are you looking for a credit from us or from Paramount? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

It’s driving me crazy paramount won’t answer emails won’t down load and xfinity can’t help

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @user_7c054a Is it working as a standalone app? Is the issue only accessing the app through our X1 box? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

For xfinity you go to settings from remote (hit xfinity button then scroll to settings). Go to PRIVACY then LOCALLY STORED DATA then hit OK to reset. And then it will work!!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_f17baa​ good but don’t u have to reset email and password on all streaming services

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

No…..once I did that on Xfinity the privacy reset thing, then I went on paramount plus and did normal log in and it woks 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

After many calls to tech support and much time reading these forums, I accidentally found the easiest solution. Spend $20 or do and get a ROKU box for your tv.  Paramount+ is one of the apps and loads right away—EVERY TIME.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Save yourself a ton of time and aggravation with tech support.  Spend $30 for a ROKU box for your tv at WalMart .  Paramount+ is one of the apps on ROKU     and it loads quickly EVERY TIME.  I know you shouldn’t have to, but ROKU is free to use once you but the box, and gives you a bunch of other content as well as solving the Paramount plus issue!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I got Paramount plus primarily for certain live sports. The app on Xfinity shows the list of live games but none can be selected or played. I just spent nearly one hour with Xfinity “expert” to take the steps outlined by Carstar 999 to no avail.

I am reduced to using my mobile devices to use the paramo plus app.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I got Paramount plus primarily for certain live sports. The app on Xfinity shows the list of live games but none can be selected or played. I just spent nearly one hour with Xfinity “expert” to take the steps outlined by Carstar 999 to no avail.

I am reduced to using my mobile devices to use the paramo plus app.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi, hope this message finds you well! I would love to look further into this Paramount+ issue at hand. Please follow the instructions below to send us a DM! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See  https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

same here freexes up ripped me off for 99 bucks wont give it back because of their no refund policy!!!!!!!!!! junk crooks

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@gregm2​ I have to say Comcast has missed the call of all these customers.  Paramount Plus works seamlessly and no issues lag or drag on my pad and my phone.  Yet when I try to watch a single show on my TV using the app on the cable box.  I’ve been through several Cable boxes as well as in my house the same problems trying to watch Paramount Plus on my TV. It buffers often and the app fails and quits working often.  Can barely watch 1 episode before it fails.  Fix it Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@Blast_Cust_2_Much_Dollars thank you so much for your post on the Paramount Plus app on your TV vs. your mobile phone. This is definitely not the experience you should be having with any of the apps on your X1 box. I would be happy to help take a closer look at what may be causing these issues for you. With any issues involving apps freezing not loading or taking a long time to load/buffering I do recommend clearing the local data on the devices. If you use a lot of apps on the X1 boxes the data does get stored like your computer history and clearing it on occasion can help make sure it is working as it should. If you check out this link here you can see how to clear that data on your box. https://comca.st/3RuPzmi
Once you clear that out try your Paramount Plus app once again and see if you have any improvement. 

If you are still running into issues please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is such a joke and the customer service with Xfinity is a joke. This has obviously been a big issue for a lot of people for a long time and there seems to be no interest in fixing it.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]. This has obviously been an issue for a very long time for a lot of people and Xfinity seems to have no real interest in fixing it

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Showdom55​ - I think it's Paramount Streaming, not Xfinity. The App is complete trash on Xbox too. Sound is 2 channel, picture is poor. We had to turn on subtitles the sound was so muffled. They have some interesting content but I would never pay for that horrible experience. I was hoping Xfinity would have a better app, but it had the same performance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here