D

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, January 29th, 2022 12:59 AM

Closed

Paramount plus app not working with an X1 box

Hi there, tons of people including myself have issues with the Paramount Plus app streaming on Xfinity. Yes the actual streaming app, not the channel. We have a compatible box, but there is no way to upgrade the paramount+ app, and no way to delete it and re-download. Like everyone, it buffers too long as it's loading shows and it errors out, sometimes playing the show behind the error box. You have to try like 7 times before maybe it works. I have already tried logging in/out in the app settings, didn't work. I now am forced to use a fire stick to stream instead which is not convenient when we spend what we do for cable. Please provide working steps to get the latest version of the app and what is the latest version (the one we currently have is show 4.17.3 but the livestream app said it's in version 8! This must be old!

Why is there no way to update in the Paramount+ settings.) Also how can we just delete and re-install this app. It's not listed with Showtime, and other channels like that on my Xfinity account page, there is no link to the paramount+ app. Their website has no helpful info either except saying we must have an outdated version.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue as all the other people who have posted here. Credit back should be given since it’s inaccessible via Xfinity~!

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED????

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Jetaged​ xfinity had the nerve to have a manager call me....he I left me a message saying it was suddenly all resolved...all fixed....a blatant lie

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@Jetaged Thank you for taking the time to let us know you are also experiencing issues. I want to look further into this for you. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Fix Paramount Plus Comcast… it’s no secret.. it’s busted…. We continue to pay our bills you need to do your part.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Is Comcast having issues with Paramount+? Been trying for days to get in but get error message to restart box. Did that but App still crashes when trying to access. Getting irritated. Paying for no access. What can be done. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

Since it has been a couple of months, we do need you to make a new post. We just want to make sure everyone sees the responses. As sson as you do that, let me know! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I got a new box, Paramount+ worked for about a week and the errors started up again! This is ridiculous!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I went and got a new box, Paramount+ worked for about a week, but then we went back to the same error messages.  HOW ON EARTH can it work and then suddenly stop????  Xfinity needs to resolve this issue, we pay too much to stream TV AND have cable, for the cable provider not to figure out what the problem is!

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_c9183f I can understand how this would be frustrating and can look into this further. 

Can you please reach out through the direct messaging chat icon (by clicking on the chat icon on the top right of the page) with your first and last name, name on the account if different, and service address?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having this same issue! How is this issue still not resolved, Xfinity? It has been over 4 months since these issues started being posted about. 

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

It's important to us that you're getting the most out of your service @user_602b6a! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? I'll be happy to look into this for you.

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Experiencing the same issues with streaming Paramount+ with Xfinity.  Very frustrating!  Appears that this is an issue that Xfinity is unable to correct.  I'm ready to unsubscribe from Paramount, but it's out favorite streaming network.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_885747​ same issues here.......streaming on paramount+ website works great.........

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_885747

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m currently having the same problem as well. Error code 04306 (I think) - restarted modem & cable box, didn’t help.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. Chatted with xfinity person last night who said I would be contacted for a technician visit. SHOCKER! NO CALL.  My frustration level with xfinity is off the charts. Considering how much everyone pays on this forum, I would expect much better customer service. Xfinity truly does [Edited: "Language"]. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @Lsporter and thread. I am very sorry for the frustration caused by the app not working. We love that we are able to offer the apps and always want them to work great. I am seeing that this is a known issue that our Engineering team is working on. We don't have an estimated time of resolution. While we are working on this you can access the content using the Paramount Plus Website. Thank you for your patience and we will keep an eye on this for a resolution and update the thread. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, I am reaching out to let you know that the issue is still being worked on. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same.   How many people need to complain for how long before something is done?

Contributor

• 

234 Messages

@robwilliamscpa Hi there, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us inside the Xfinity Community Forum. It sounds like you, as well as a few others, are experiencing issues with your Paramount + channel working. My apologies for any inconvenience, and it would be my pleasure to do whatever I can to help. Can I ask what device you are trying to watch it on? Your cable box, cell phone, etc.? Also, what error message are you getting?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yup, same problem here. It really is pathetic that this has been going on for months and Xfinity can't solve the problem. And from the responses to everyone else, it seems like resolution isn't in the cards. 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @user_33ad96, thank you for reaching out to us. The Paramount Plus issue on the box is a known issue which we are working on resolving. Have you attempted to use the Paramount Plus website with your Xfinity ID to see if that works for the time being? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same problem here.  The app is slow on DVR boxes but non DVR yet compatible boxes start to load but come up with a message that says Xfinity is having trouble try again later.  Then it says refresh and try again.  No luck.  

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_f3a81f Thank you for letting us know that you are having issues with the apps. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Approximately 5 days ago this started with me as well and the dread 04036 error code. No resolution from Xfinity.

Did everything as told, resets etc.

What to do?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I'm just another xfinity/paramount+ victim experiencing 'the future of awesome'.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

As just another longtime customer suffering with xfinity's inability to fix the Paramount+ problem, this sure ain't 'the future of awesome'.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Just cancelled Paramount+ and thinking about cancelling comcast/xfinity after more than thirty years.  It's hard paying $250/month for what doesn't work and frustrates the hell out of me.  I yearn for never having to navigate the automated phone system again ...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here