cinemaflick's profile

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2022 1:39 AM

Closed

Paramount + is very slow

Just subscribed to Paramount + for a year. However, from the get go it has been extremely slow, buffers a lot, errors sometimes and is hard to select episodes of a certain series (The Good Fight).

We are on the 1200mbps program and have the correct equipment. It's really annoying and time consuming. We are already considering cancelling the subscription. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Are you using an X1 box for the subscription? Is it an XG2 (large black box with the blue/green vertical light on the front right corner.) The XG2 is grossly underpowered. Also, it doesn't use your modem for Internet, so that has no effect.

You are better off using a built-in SmartTV app or external device like Roku or FireTV. If you subscription is through Comcast, I'm not sure how the login would work, if it all, on a non-Comcast device.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@andyross​ We have a XG2v2P box. Today I went to Comcast and exchange it for another one. It is worse than the one I turned in. Paramount + freezes constantly, buffers a lot and errors. I restarted the app 3 different times during The Equalizer and never did get thru it. It's terrible!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there @cinemaflick! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. Is this only happening on the Paramount + app?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Yes, only on Paramount +

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Subscribed to Paramount + about a month ago. It freezes constantly and buffers many times while watching it. Sometimes it states to restart your cable box. Today I exchanged our cable box at the Xfinity store. I installed the replacement box (XG2v2P) which was the same one I turned in. It's even worse than the one I turned in. Paramount + is unwatchable. Our other channels work fine. We have a year's subscription that I'm just about to cancel if this situation doesn't get corrected. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

2 years ago

Stop trying to use the cable box as a streaming device. The XG2 are grossly underpowered. Get a Roku or Firestick, you will be MUCH happier. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here