U

Monday, April 22nd, 2024 6:53 AM

Lost purchased movies and shows after a move

We recently moved and our service at the old house was canceled so the new owner could establish service.  The account for the new house was not set up yet to move services over, along with the complication that the old plan we had is no longer available.  Once the cancellation of the old account took affect all of our purchased movies and shows, along with DVR recordings were dropped from stream access.  Over the weekend we set up service for the new house in advance of moving in, thinking everything would migrate to the new account with service reestablished.  This turned out not to be the case.

After searching, it seems this may be a common issue. Is there a solution to this issue out there, or did we just loose everything we acquired over the past 5-6 years? I still have my old equipment if there is anything that can be done with that.  Any help with this issue would be appreciated to smooth out this part of moving.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

5 months ago

Hello there @user_3mr539!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are having a top tier experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the best team to get things squared away.  We just need to do a few changes on the back end to get things carried over for you.  When you are ready, please feel free to shoot us a private message and we can get the ball rolling on this for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

5 months ago

We were able to get things sorted out and moved over.  Everything seems okay now.  Appreciate the help.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for the update user_3mr539. I'm glad to hear you got everything sorted out, and you're all set. I'm sure this was concerning to see at first, however, I'm happy you were able to narrow it down. When possible, please let us know how you got this fixed so others who may have the same issue down the road can follow the steps you took. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here