U

Thursday, September 28th, 2023 6:38 PM

Closed

Loss of OnDemand

Over 20 years I’ve purchased hundreds of dollars of movies and tv shows on OnDemand. Last month you upgraded to a new system. If I upgrade to the new system, I’ll lose a few hundred shows on my DVR. If not, I can’t access OnDemand at all.  [Edited: "Language"]

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Are you referring to your purchases and recordings? 

6 Messages

Of course I am! Hello!?!?

6 Messages

Airelle:  of course that’s what I’m referring to! What else?

I hope you were just feigning confusion to buy time, otherwise, please pass my complaint to a competent Xfinity employee.

6 Messages

Maybe that’s why you guys are losing customers every day. Incompetency.

6 Messages

@XfinityAirelle​ 

HELLO!?  At $200+ a month and you can’t answer me?!

hello Pluto, Fubo and Tubi.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @user_7824b2 I definitely want to ensure your question is answered. For purchased movies and programs, if you don't have access to On Demand you can access those through great Xfinity Stream App or logging in at: https://www.xfinity.com/stream/ - 

• You can stream them on the Xfinity Stream app and web portal. From the main menu, your purchases will appear under Saved.

Purchased content isn't saved directly to the box it is stored in your profile, so swapping out the set-top box won't have you lose any purchased content. Customer's who purchased content, then cancel service will still have access as well following those steps. 

Besides viewing through the Xfinity Stream App or portal, you can also download purchased content if you don't want those saved on your profile: 

• You can download purchases using the Xfinity Stream app. Downloaded titles can even be viewed when you're not connected to the Internet. To download, select your title from your purchases list and then click Download. We recommend that you download purchased titles shortly after purchase.

The only thing you would lose with swapping equipment is if you have a DVR, and programming saved to device not your cloud DVR. Those programs don't transfer, but if you have recordings in your cloud DVR those can be transfered. 

Here is a great article from our website about purchases: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-on-demand-purchases. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

11 months ago

NO HELP, huh? Thanks from a 27 year customer!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_7824b2 Thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Forums. I am sorry for the frustration you have experience with the need to update your cable equipment. With this update you will not lose access to the movies and tv programs you have purchased. I would be happy to take a closer look at this with you. To get started, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here