BKLYN312's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 28th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

HBOMax on TV shows purple screen not loading

We were able to watch a whole movie on 12/22 and now we are unable to login to watch another. It doesn’t even show the login screen. It says “you are connecting to a 3rd party” and then nothing, a purple screen. I can open and watch a movie thru HBOmax on my phone and laptop but not on the TV. We have an LG TV so it says it’s opening via the Internet. We updated the TV. Updated our Xfinity box. Unplugged the modem. I even signed out of all devices from HBOmax. Everything we could think of. Please help! Why work one day then not the next.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi everyone. We're so sorry about the trouble you all are running into. We're definitely here to help! We can work together on reaching a solution for you all. I wanted to share this helpful link: https://comca.st/2LJrb47. You'll see in there it mentions:

Why can't I access the HBO Max app on my X1 TV Box?
The app isn’t supported on RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 X1 TV Boxes but you’ll be able to exchange your not supported RNG150 or Pace XG1v1 X1 TV Box on X1 by choosing the HBO Max app tile.

Can each of you that are still running into the problem, confirm which model number of box/boxes you have please? We appreciate you bearing with us as we narrow down the cause.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I had just converted to the new Xfi Complete Modem.  This is what caused my problem.  Used OCBP22's suggestion below.  I was lost because this TV had worked with the old router.  

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

3 years ago

On your X1 box, open HBO Max.  Once logged in with your profile, scroll up to top lefthand corner and select your profile icon.  Then, scroll along the top all the way to the right to “Sign Out.”  Sign out.  Sign back in.  Enter the 6-digit code on hbomax.com/tvsignin.

This has fixed the problems I have had with the HBO Max xFinity App when a X1 box restart, a system refresh and anything else would not.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

This worked for me. Every time I tried to play content it would just go back to the Home Screen. Signing out and back in fixed it.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Glad it helped.  Most responses to these HBO Max issues only address hardware (i.e., the X1 box or wifi signal).  Yet, HBO Max is an app (aka software).  Signing out & signing back in is like Ctrl+Alt+Del back in the good old days.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@OCBP22 

I have HBO Max installed on three TVs. It has worked fine for months.  About a week ago, it suddenly stopped working on the TV that we most often watch.  I scoured the internet for a solution and tried everything I could find but to no avail.  Then, a half hour ago, I discovered this forum and this solution. The instructions were easy to follow and in under ten minutes I had my HBO Max up and running properly again.  Thank you a thousand times for your help.  Now my forehead will be able to heal because I will not need to bang it on a brick wall anymore.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@OCBP22  Thanks this worked.  And I spent Hours on a Live Chat with an agent that didn't have a clue!  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Try the fix above.  The Icon they are referencing is the Circle Icon in the far top left corner.  Then you can sign out as described, go to the HBO link, sign back in and miracle of miracles.  Works

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’ve been having this same issue for about a week and have spent a few hours with tech support without resolution. I’ve seen others posting about it but the Comcast employee who responds just requests to be private messaged and we don’t see if there has been a resolution or what the resolution is

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same problem. I have checked my internet speed, it is fine, and unpluged my box to restart it. I can watch HBOMax on other TVs in the house. The purple screen comes up after I pick the program I want to watch.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

The dreaded purple/blue screen.  The fix is noted above.  I'm exhausted when I think of the time I spent on this.   

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is my exact problem.

I called into xfinity support, after 75 minutes on the phone the tech told me the issue is that I did not purchase HBOMax from xfinity.   Upon hearing this,  I called HboMax support with Comcast on the phone and had a group call.  I am cancelling my direct HboMax account and will be ordering thru Comcast.  

Anyone else find a resolution?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Still no resolution on my end. I created my account on my phone (logging in using xfinity as my provider) but still cannot watch on the actual TV. So seems to be an issue with Xfinity and not hbo max. Not sure where to go from here 😞

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Same here.  Just upgraded to Xfi Complete.  I've spent Hours on live chat with an agent.  I was telling him more than he was telling me.  No Sign In Screen. Not a novice, I've done this on my sister's TV.  I can see the selections, and it looks like it is trying to play, but get no programing. Just asks if I want to "Continue Watching".  Will try and deal with this tomorrow.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@BKLYN312 HBO max will only work on x1v2 and up DVrs or any xid,xi5 or 6 if your box is the old first gen dvr(green power light) it’s not compatible and just need a box swap. Also if your using the RNG150 box it’s also not compatible. Hopefully that helps 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

After 4 days of calling, being on hold, and talking to 3 differnet tier2 techs, my purple screen is now a login screen.  

Ready for the solution?

The last tier2 engineer scheduled a Tech to come this morning and swapped out my cablebox.  Magic!  Hbomax app now works.

Hope this helps.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

So, you had a hardware issue.  If it’s not your X1 box or cable modem, then it’s a problem with the app (aka a software issue).

When the HBO Max app stops working properly and a X1 restart & system refresh don’t fix the issue, I simply logout of the HBO Max App. Then, I log back in to the HBO Max X1 App & enter the 6-digit code on hbomax.com/tvsignin.  Problem solved. Every time.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I had a tech out and he said I have the latest box?

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I have box XG1A! I have had a tech here and I have talked to 13 different people at Comcast, also 3 at HBOMAX! I somehow got charged $25 for XFi unlimited, that I don't want! Also I still don't have access to HBOMAX although I have been paying for it! I added it to my Amazon account, it allows me to sign on to the HBOMAX app without problems. Not on my TV. Seriously I don't think I can try to fix this many more times before I cancel my service!!!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

If you have the old x1 V1Dvr it has a green power light and a Blue end on the power plug it’s not a compatible box all you need to do is swap it out for the newer versions. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

1 Press the xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or home button (Flex) on your remote. 2 Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon, then press OK to go to Settings. 3 Use the up or down arrow buttons to get to Privacy, then press OK. 4 Go to Clear Cookies and Local Storage Data and press OK. 5 You'll see a confirmation window. Press OK to clear cookies and local storage data. Notes: Clearing cookies and local storage data may sign you out of many apps on your TV Box and may affect apps on devices linked to your account. Re-launching apps may store new cookies and data on your TV Box. 6 You'll see a confirmation message once cookies and local storage data have been cleared from your TV Box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here