cjc3039's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, April 27th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

"Free To Me" listed movies not free

Like several others have mentioned, I've found many movies/TV shows listed as being free that are NOT free. I say "Free to Me" into my X1 remote, a list of supposedly free movies and tv shows comes up (also under the category as being free) and when I click on a lot of them, I get back "Subscription Required". Examples: Green Book, Jaws, The Golden Girls, to name a few. In case the reader of this message doesn't know, "free" means "no cost", not "subscription required". There may be an excuse as to why the "Free" list is out of date, but I have to doubt that the excuse is a good one. More likely, somebody's not doing their job. More than being simply disappointed, I'm disgusted. 

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

I have provided an explanation on a separate thread (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/On-Demand/Free-On-Demand-Movies-Not-Free/m-p/3330742#M50591).

But the short of it is, that we discovered an issue that causes the free to me menus to remain out of sync for at least 2 weeks after content that was made available for free to our customers is no longer available based on their subscription level. 

We have been making a lot of content free to customers that otherwise would not have free access to it over the last couple weeks, and as the limited free availability expired, we failed to react in real time to it hence why all of a sudden there's a lot of content coming back there that is no longer free.

We are actively working on solving this, me personally, so hopefully we can purge the no-longer-free content from the free to me menus as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

will subscribers be refunded for fees charged for "free" movies?  How do I get a refund?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_d774e9 We can help look into that refund! Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. You can do that by clicking on the chat icon in the top right-hand corner. Then search for Xfinity Support. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same problem with Showtime, etc.  Given what is going on in the world I would think Comcast could afford to be a little more giving with its customers.  Especially after listening to the many commercials giving the impression (unless one knows better) about how great a company it is.  Thanks for the brief "Free".  Now please reprogram the remotes to show NOT FREE!

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here