csifmh1's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, April 23rd, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Free On Demand Movies Not Free

Why send out emails advertising the free movies that are on  ON Demand when they are not free? You have to either rent or buy them. Especially in the section where it says "Free Premimum Movies Without Ads"   Free doesn't mean you have to pay money to watch them. That is false advertising. 

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

We run promotions from time to time, and they expire/are taken down without notice. For the most part, all movies available in your Free Premium section should be free-to-you. Do you have an example of a movie that was not freely accessible?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, Clear and Present Danger is not free but has been on the free list for a couple weeks...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Last night (4-26-2020) the movie Arctic was listed as free under premium movies without ads.  It was not free.  It was not liste before 4-26-2020, or after that. Also Homeland is listed as free. It is not free as of 4/26/2020. Why can't you get it together?  These two examples represent a multitude of similar erroneous listings.  Comcast charges top dollar, but does not deliver ..... that has been an ongoing status !

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Georgia,

I can confirm that the movie "Arctic" is not available for free (only available to purchase/rent). I apologize for the inconveniene this may have caused you. Rest assured that we work diligently at creating the best possible platform for your personalized experience and I will be sure to get this to the engineering teams so that they can take a look at this problem.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi Donald,

This movie was made available for free as part of a Showtime Freeview between April 3rd and the 19th. We apologize for the movie still showing as "free" even though the offering period has ended. I will reach out to engineering to ensure we are refreshing these menus in a timely manner.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Just about every movie in the section that says " Free  Premium Movies Without Ads"

Mile 22,Mary Magdalen,Danger One,Vengance, Striking Distance,Semper Fi,The dark Tower,Green Book, Sniper Legacy,Clear and Present Danger,A Lonely Place to die and the list goes on and on. 

I think you do this so people get tired of clicking on so called free movies and give up and pay for them.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi all,

We have identified the issue that is causing content that is no longer free to linger in the free menus. This issue was exacerbated by the fact that we have been running many freeviews during the past couple weeks, which has made a lot of content available to customers that will normally not have access to them based on their subscription level on a limited time basis.

At this time, there is no timetable for when this will be resolved at a large scale, since changes to our code base are required.

Ultimately, I want you to know we are working tiredlessly behind the scenes to get this solved as soon as possible.

Once again, I apologize for any confusion this may have caused during these trying times.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I think somebody there at the switch is simply not doing their job, period. But hey, it's Comcast/Xfinity, after all, so what should we customers expect? Good, available, reliable customer service? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

There are a LOT of moviesTV shows listed as being free but are not...Green Book, for example, and Jaws, The Golden Girls, to name but a few, so don't tell us they're taken down when they're no longer free.

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi everyone,

After identifying what we believe is the culprit to this issue, I went ahead an applied an interim fix to this problem. The long-term fix is already being planned and should be rolled out fully in the not so distant future.

What that means for you? 

All of the shows that were made available as part of a freeview over the past couple of weeks, but are no longer available based on your subscription level should be purged from your free-to-me menus. This will result in a more accurate representation of the content that you are fully entitled to.

How can we be sure?

This is where I ask you to do something for me! Starting now, can some of you who have reported this issue go on the free-to-me menus and verify that you are no longer seeing content that should not be there on the basis of well, not being free 😀

Once again, I apologize for the incovenience, and appreciate you all for bringing this up in the forums!

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

john wick 1 and 2, plus many more!!!

Official Employee

• 

57 Messages

4 years ago

Hi,

John Wick 1 and 2 are no longer available for free. Do you still see them showing on free menus? We have been very proactive at reacting when the content goes out of window and removing them from the free menus. It is still not instant but it should happen quicker than before. 

On that note, be on the lookout as Xfinity Watchathon starts tomorrow for about a week! This means a lot of content from a wide range of networks is going to be ungated (free on demand) for all customers.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Mad Mad Mad World in the "Free Movies" section is not free, HITZ is demanding a SUBSCRIPTION!!!!

Contributor

• 

92 Messages

4 years ago

A lot of " free " movies in my area are only free for a week or just the weekend.  The copyright holders determine if it can be seen for free.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

All HITZ movies in "Free Movies" in My Xfinity are subsription or rent or buy only therefor not free. Hitz therefor should be removed from "Free Movies" and added to the "Purchuse or Rent section"!!!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here