sanderson_g's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, November 21st, 2023 11:17 PM

Closed

Free MAX week not working (requires subscription).

Last night we were able to view free HBO programming as offered (November ‘23) but today -although the first season episodes are shown under ‘free’ through Xfinity stream- selecting any one of them then takes me to the MAX QR page for a code. After being asked for my provider and/or QR code, I am brought to a subscription by purchase page. 

There is no way around this to access the free programs.

Please advise.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

UPDATED: Free This Week - November 27 to December 3

Official Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

7 months ago

Yes - was able to watch several episodes of Dragon the previous evening, but yesterday all free ‘watch’ options went directly to MAX and then the subscribe/sign in with provider/log in page and QR procedure, which just loops back around again.

The episodes are showing as free both when the series is selected and under watch options, so I have no idea with whom the disconnect starts.

GOT is free, and without the nonsense. So far.

This comment was created from this reply

8 Messages

7 months ago

I have the same problem.  Can't access this week's "free" MAX

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Same. I wonder if they did it without getting HBO approval

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @dancin! Only the first seasons and of certain MAX originals are available on “Free this Week” from November 20 to November 26. For more information on “Free this Week” we have this really handy article. Check back every Monday by saying “Free this Week” into your Xfinity Voice Remote. 

Could you please confirm the name of the show and the episode number you are having issues with?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

32 Messages

Same here. It says the first season of a bunch of shows are free this week, but when you try to play any of them, it only gives you the option to sign up for a paid MAX account. I doubt this will be fixed in time to get the freebies this week. Kind of a waste.

32 Messages

@user_3844e5

I found a work-around.

Choose the show from the list of free shows then, don't choose "Free on Max" or "Watch on Max | HBO." only choose the "Free from Max | HBO" option. Sometimes the error will come up saying its not available, if it does just hit back and enter again. It should work the second time.

If you need to go to a different episode you may have to go to the episodes option on the show page, choose only free episodes and choose the episode, if the error appears, back out and do it again.

Its a weird glitch but it should work. I'm guessing its a navigation error they overlooked while they are fusing the HBO and MAX apps.

Let me know how it works for you.

6 Messages

@XfinityAldrik​ I am having issues with The Last of Us and House of the Dragon, any episodes.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Yep the MAx free for a week is a scam.Only old shows, nothing new. Have to pay to watch anything new. Just more Xfinity scamming. 

6 Messages

@user_zp89wj​ No option for that on House of the Dragon or The Last of Us

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 months ago

same exprience when trying to watch House of Dragon.  Was able to watch Season 1 & 2 and part of 3 on Monday 11/20/23 with no issues. On Tuesday, 11/21/23 wras unable to watch and went to MAXj QR page for a code?? Very confusing.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Yes - was able to watch several episodes of Dragon the previous evening, but yesterday all free ‘watch’ options went directly to MAX and then the subscribe/sign in with provider/log in page and QR procedure, which just loops back around again.

The episodes are showing as free both when the series is selected and under watch options, so I have no idea with whom the disconnect starts.

GOT is free, and without the nonsense. So far.

This reply has been converted into a comment

8 Messages

Same experience.  I could watch Succession free on HBO on cable, but House of the Dragon goes to MAX on streaming and then the QR code page, and then to pay subscription.  House of the Dragon is supposed to be free this week.  I could find no way to enter Xfinity sign-in details.

8 Messages

I am still not able to get to House of Dragon on MAX through cable, but I can get it free through Xfinity Stream.  (Maybe it's time to drop cable.)

Official Employee

• 

661 Messages

@sanderson_g I have Xfinity services as well, and I do show that House of Dragons is only available now on MAX. Can you verify if the same is for the Xfinity Stream app? 

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

915 Messages

@bebe6 I'm sorry to hear of the confusion when trying to watch the programs available for free this week. There are limits from the provider for the seasons and episodes made available. Since it redirected to the Max page that would indicate that the program was not included as part of the free this week asset. I haven't gotten around to watching House of Dragon, but I loved GOT. Is it as addicting? We could always check to see if there's a promotion for adding Max to your account while you finish out the last season. 

10 Messages

7 months ago

Same situation here. 

2 Messages

7 months ago

Same here. House of dragon not working 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hey, @user_hpug0z. Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. I see one of our users offered a workaround. Did that help? Or are you still experiencing issues with the episode? 

4 Messages

7 months ago

Same problem as everyone else.  When I try to watch any of the supposedly free shows, I get taken into HBO MAX with a message saying that I have to subscribe. Trying to watch the 1st season of The Gilded Age, which Xfinity DOES have listed as one of the free shows you can watch during the free week of TV, but keep getting told I have to subscribe. Even when I click on the watch free box, it still tells me I have to subscribe or else I get a message saying the title is no longer available. I have tried several of the other supposedly free shows and the same thing happens. Seeing as where this has been an issue for 4 days now, and Xfinity is aware of the problem and has done nothing to fix it, I'm guessing we are just you-know-what out of luck.

4 Messages

Work around does NOT work! Now I don't even get the "Free from Max/HBO" option. Have done a chat with an agent from Xfinity and that was a complete and utter waste of my time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here