almunday60's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 9:00 AM

broken on-demand cl17

Now with covid customer service is now even harder to get. On ondemand stopped working on 7/20/2020....many phone calls and chats with promises to fix....NONE.. WHAT [Edited: "Language"]...HOW DOES ONE GET SERVICE FIXED!!!@

Responses

MNtundraRET

Expert

• 

4.4K Messages

1 y ago

What service area do you live in?

I had the same problem last month in Mpls./St. Paul metro area. They were working on the lines near me. Replacing my Cisco RNG 150N box with another one, finally got ON DEMAND back working again.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

Every time I try to access the OnDemand portion of my cable service, I receive a CL17 error. I have called customer service many times; they tried their best to help but they haven't been given the ability by management to solve the problem. A customer service tech seems like a waste from reading what other customers have gone through with this problem. We receive an updated box which we installed but we are still having the problem; I don't want to keep exchanging boxes. Any suggestions on help because I am a good customer that's very frustrated.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

OK, HOW DO I REPAIR THIS ERROR?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

I am having the same problem. I just push the On Demand button on my remote, and I get the CL-17 error. Called Comcast tech support. Totally useless. Agent with an accent I could barely understand. Went through the "stupid human tricks". Unplug the cable box, sending a new signal to the box...etc. Any solution to this problem that actually works? Thanks.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

After 3 days of not having On Demand because of the CL-17 Error, I finally called Comcast back AGAIN. The agent went through the whole song and dance about because I have a Legacy box, New updates cannot be sent to the box, and I need to upgrade to an X1 box, yada yada yada. I just got so irritated with this agent, because I knew this was just a load of junk. I asked to speak to his supervisor, which he then got all huffy about, telling me the supervisor would tell me the same thing. I told him that I wanted to hear that from the supervisor. As he was transferring me to the supervisor, SHAZAAM! On Demand miraculously started working again! What a scam, these people prey on you, because they think you don't know anything about technology. I know about technology, I just don't want to be robbed for it!

New to the Community?

Start Here