U

Thursday, June 27th, 2024 6:31 PM

v58 error with cable card and tivo

So, last Thursday (6/20/24) at1:32am CDT, my two Tivo boxes' cable cards stopped communicating with Xfinity. V58 error. Both boxes, same time. These Tivos (a Roamio and an HD) had been working for around 5-7 years with cable cards.
7 different Xfinity cable card reps, and 6 different cable cards (the current ones being 2020 vintage), and 1 visit from an Xfinity repair person, and no change. V58 still. It's been 7 days. No one has a path forward yet. I've been talking to Neil, a supervisor, but I'm not sure what the next step is.
My feeling - strictly based on past issues, is that it's a software issue at Xfinity. The tech today said the signal was good but had some SNR issues on some stations. But he said nothing was wrong that would cause this problem.
I'm in Houston. Can someone help?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 months ago

Hey user_rg0f46, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Ongoing issues can certainly be frustrating and I'd love to help. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message so I can see what all has been done already?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

Done, I have Direct Message  you

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

3 months ago

@user_rg0f46 We appreciate your time in working with us via Direct Message and I'm thrilled we were able to help you get in contact with someone who was able to get your TiVo cards up any running. Don't forget to check out our amazing Xfinity Rewards for free movie tickets, sweepstakes and so much more! If you haven't checked it out, yet I would recommend it as you can get a lot of awesome rewards and experiences, and it's totally free to join. :) Here's the link with more information.

1 Message

@XfinityBillie​ How about telling us how you fixed the issue?? I have the same problem and a link to a "rewards page" doesn't help.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

user_g0r39a We would be happy to take the same steps to help you our with your cable card issues with your TiVo's. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 days ago

I have this same problem but am unable to find the option to send a direct message that was detailed above.  Any suggestions?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here