TV getting no signal from two different boxes
This is not X1 service - last night the cable box (call it 1) was alternating flashing between the power light (white light) and all four colored lights on the face of the cable box. TV was displaying 'No signal". This setup has been in place for almost two years and working earlier in the evening.
Did the following:
1. Checked another box (call it 2) and TV in a different room and service was working
2. Unpluged all cables from box 1 (power, HDMI and cable line) from box) then reconnected wihtout success.
3. Swapped the two boxes between the rooms - box 1 to room 2 and box 2 to room 1
4. box 1 did work in the room 2
5. box 2 in room 1 did not work - flashing power light alternating with four flashing lights and No Signal
6. Waited four hours with no change with box 2 not working but box 1 in the other location works
What might be the cause?